Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last bill paid in full by direct debit. I now have 2x un paid direct debit charges?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Doesn't look like it..  alan is now the 3rd or 4th person to look into this.. fingers crossed..

@Alan I PM'd you my details in response to the other post i have
    frag420 wrote: »
    @Alan

Have you read the rest of this thread at all?? Talk about incompetence........

Similar tactics to other communications providers here on boards. Perhaps there should be more than just responce rate and time. HOw about complaint satisfaction %??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it..  alan is now the 3rd or 4th person to look into this.. fingers crossed..

@Alan I PM'd you my details in response to the other post i have
    frag420 wrote: »
    @Alan

Have you read the rest of this thread at all?? Talk about incompetence........

Similar tactics to other communications providers here on boards. Perhaps there should be more than just responce rate and time. HOw about complaint satisfaction %??

Thanks stezie

I've Just replied

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

This is unbelievable stuff ! Is anyone from eircom actually bothered helping this man?

This is unbelievable stuff ! Is anyone from eircom actually bothered helping this man?
    Hi Kaizersoze81

Yes, I can understand your feelings on this and I'm on the case now.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So glad I'm not an eircom customer

• Advertisement

After all this time this is still not resolved . It appeared to be resolved for one month but eircom changed their minds about it again.

I'm back to getting unpaid direct debit fees.

I'm getting letters saying I owe €175.35

I pay my bill in full every month via online banking. I do not have a direct debit facility on my eircom account.

I have spent hours on the phone with them trying to explain the charge and they can't. I have asked multiple times for a full statement of my account .

Is this normal??

After all this time this is still not resolved . It appeared to be resolved for one month but eircom changed their minds about it again.

I'm back to getting unpaid direct debit fees.

I'm getting letters saying I owe €175.35

I pay my bill in full every month via online banking. I do not have a direct debit facility on my eircom account.

I have spent hours on the phone with them trying to explain the charge and they can't. I have asked multiple times for a full statement of my account .

Is this normal??
    Hi stezie

I see that two invalid direct debit fees (dated 2nd of May) appeared on the june bill however I do see that on that the July bill these have been refunded.

I'm sorry to see that this happened again however there are notes on the account left by our accounts depatment that this has been resolved and should not happen again.

For information the remaining outstanding balance you will need to contact eircoms accounts deparmtent on free phone 1901 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al[/font]

Hi stezie

I see that two invalid direct debit fees (dated 2nd of May) appeared on the june bill however I do see that on that the July bill these have been refunded.

I'm sorry to see that this happened again however there are notes on the account left by our accounts depatment that this has been resolved and should not happen again.

For information the remaining outstanding balance you will need to contact eircoms accounts deparmtent on free phone 1901 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al[/font]

Al, there is no explanation of where this €175 came out of. Do you want me to repost all our private messages about this. You assured me this charge was in error and that was nearly six months ago. This has been reinstated after all your work on this.

I have asked eircom on multiple occasions for an account statement from day one of the account on a break down of all charges and payments. I have not received to date.

And in no way has this been resolved. This must be customer cares way of closing the issue and brushing it under the carpet in the hope the customer gives up in the end and pays out.. ridiculous customer care.

Hi stezie

For information the remaining outstanding balance you will need to contact eircoms accounts deparmtent on free phone 1901 or via webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al

Al, there is no explanation of where this €175 came out of. Do you want me to repost all our private messages about this. You assured me this charge was in error and that was nearly six months ago. This has been reinstated after all your work on this.

I have asked eircom on multiple occasions for an account statement from day one of the account on a break down of all charges and payments. I have not received to date.

And in no way has this been resolved. This must be customer cares way of closing the issue and brushing it under the carpet in the hope the customer gives up in the end and pays out.. ridiculous customer care.

Hi stezie

I did not intend to suggest this has been resolved, having looked further in to this I can see a charge for €138.45 that appeared on your May bill. I did in my last post above make reference to the recent invalid direct debit fees (€30) which were credited back to your account.

If you could leave this with me to investigate why this charge of €138.45 appeared all of a sudden I would greatly appreciate that and I will of course get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi stezie

For information the remaining outstanding balance you will need to contact eircoms accounts deparmtent on free phone 1901 or via webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al

Hi stezie

I did not intend to suggest this has been resolved, having looked further in to this I can see a charge for €138.45 that appeared on your May bill. I did in my last post above make reference to the recent invalid direct debit fees (€30) which were credited back to your account.

If you could leave this with me to investigate why this charge of €138.45 appeared all of a sudden I would greatly appreciate that and I will of course get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks
    Al
    I would appreciate a print out of the account statement, either its in pdf, excel format, etc. as soon as possible. I have spend days on the phone trying to get eircom to resolve this mess up, and it baffles me why i dont charge €15 for each time I contact eircom to resolve this? Eircom seem to make it fair to charge me €15 for each automated returned direct debit that doesnt exist..

• Advertisement

Wow!!

This is unreal!! 

Cracking customer care there Eircom!!

Ive a little over a month to go in my phone/broadband package. I cant believe I have been paying €45 odd per month for a house phone (which I was told by Eircom HAD to be installed before I could get broadband) and a broadband speed of 0.76mb on a good day!! (promised up to 5mb)

Im now paying €25 to a satellite supplier with speeds of 16mb download. Once the contract expires Im ditching the phone. Then the emobile piece of nonsense that they call a mobile provider is getting the bullet.

Why?

Because I get a shít service and a truly horrible incompetent and downright useless customer care from them. 

I will NEVER even consider dealing with Eircom again.

Be warned people if you are thinking of signing up.

Hi stezie

Thanks

Al

Hi stezie

Thanks
    Al
    I would appreciate a print out of the account statement, either its in pdf, excel format, etc. as soon as possible. I have spend days on the phone trying to get eircom to resolve this mess up, and it baffles me why i dont charge €15 for each time I contact eircom to resolve this? Eircom seem to make it fair to charge me €15 for each automated returned direct debit that doesnt exist..
    A week later and still nothing Alan... Does any one know whats going on???

Hello??? Is Eircom there????? Any one at all???? STILL no response from Eircom almost a year later!! Alan, has this been brushed under the carpet again as I still have not heard anything and i am still getting bills threatening to withdraw service unless i pay this unexplained fee.

Hello??? Is Eircom there????? Any one at all???? STILL no response from Eircom almost a year later!! Alan, has this been brushed under the carpet again as I still have not heard anything and i am still getting bills threatening to withdraw service unless i pay this unexplained fee.

Hi stezie

I have found no explanation for this fee however I have arranged for this fee to be cancelled. You will no longer receive requests for this amount and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you Alan.

As I have said before Eircom automatically charge me €15+Vat for an automated direct debit return fee. As I have spent an extensive amount of personal effort liaising with Eircom to resolve a billing issue due to no fault of my own, I will be sending an invoice for my time incurred while creating the posts here on boards.ie and the hours spent on 1901 . Please provide detail of what department will be responsible for paying this so I can send it there directly.

Regards,

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

The fact that Eircom will not furnish you with a breakdown of charges as requested would suggest something is not right at their end and they do not want people knowing about it. 

UP to you Stezie but if I were you I would contact the communications ombudsman or perhaps request all info via freedom of information as its your data they have!!

Unbelievable the incompetence shown here!!

Hope it works out!

alan, I just got an email to say:

Your new eircom bill is now available to view at My eircom.
    Your bill amount is EUR178.45.

whats going on here?

Advertisement