Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last bill paid in full by direct debit. I now have 2x un paid direct debit charges?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I just got my bill this morning.

my last bill was paid in full by direct debit, as stated on this bill..

there is now two €15 charges at €15 + vat each, for un paid direct debits.

is this for real?

No wonder eircom wouldn't let me pay by internet banking when they plan to sneak in charges like this..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

stezie wrote: »
    I just got my bill this morning.

my last bill was paid in full by direct debit, as stated on this bill..

there is now two €15 charges at €15 + vat each, for un paid direct debits.

is this for real?

No wonder eircom wouldn't let me pay by internet banking when they plan to sneak in charges like this..
    Hi stezie

Can you PM the account number in question and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

replied

replied
    Hi stezie

Apologies I got your PM and the customer care team have confirmed they have credited both charges on the account billed Net amount €15 by two  total €30.

Sorry for the mishap.

Mark

I cant understand how the two persons I chatted to in Eircom customer care said they couldnt reverse the charge as it wasnt Eircoms fault, now you can..

Can you explain why it was on my bill in the first place,  and for it to take 2 hours of me on the phone, ringing eircom and my banks and then it came down to your efforts to sort this out?

If it wasnt for you Mark on this particular forum and my efforts into putting it right, then eircom would gladly bill me €30 + VAT for their mess up. Surely eircom would charge an administration fee if they had went to that effort??

How many other eircom customers get charged this, especailly the poor folks who dont know about this forum?

As per my IM , I still want payment by direct debit option removed from my account..

Please provide one valid reason why I cannot pay via Internet banking when bill is issued. I do not accept these random 15 euro charges.

Mark just after getting an email from eircom... First email like this.. what the hell is going on here...

The direct debit is set up and balance is in the account!

Amount of Unpaid Direct Debit: €48

Dear Stephen,
    We recently sent you a bill for your eircom service. Unfortunately, the Direct Debit
    payment for your eircom account has been returned from your bank as unpaid.
    As a result, your bill has not been paid and a failed Direct Debit fee of €15 has
    been applied to your account to cover the associated administration costs.
    Your telephone and related services will be suspended if your bill has not been
    paid within the next 7 days. Services dependent on the use of the telecommunications
    services on this account may also be affected e.g. monitored alarms, Internet
    access etc. Should this be the case, there will be an additional charge to reconnect
    your eircom services. Your Direct Debit may also be cancelled*.

• Advertisement

Does this contradict the bill I got this morning to say that it IS paid???

Getting seriously P'd off here with this carry on

I just noticed at the bottom of the email I received today it says this...

We value your custom so if you have any queries on your account, please do not
    hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1901.
    Yours sincerely,
    Eamonn Dullaghan
    Head of Credit Management

*If your Direct Debit is cancelled from your account, to have this set up again, please write
    to the following address: eircom, Main Street, Letterkenny, Co Donegal

Is this the Eamonn Dullaghan that says on his Linkedin profile that he left eircom 2 months ago? If so who is sending the emails?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/eamonndullaghan

and that address, does it even exist?? As far as I know eircom shop that was on the main street closed 5-10 years ago.. its been a newsagents since..

I just noticed at the bottom of the email I received today it says this...

We value your custom so if you have any queries on your account, please do not
    hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1901.
    Yours sincerely,
    Eamonn Dullaghan
    Head of Credit Management

*If your Direct Debit is cancelled from your account, to have this set up again, please write
    to the following address: eircom, Main Street, Letterkenny, Co Donegal

Is this the Eamonn Dullaghan that says on his Linkedin profile that he left eircom 2 months ago? If so who is sending the emails?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/eamonndullaghan

and that address, does it even exist?? As far as I know eircom shop that was on the main street closed 5-10 years ago.. its been a newsagents since..
    HI stezie

I have got to you via PM. I have sent on your last post to our process team to amend the information you outlined in your last post as well.

Mark

Thanks . PM replied to.

Thanks . PM replied to.
    Got it stezie

It may take a few days to investigate but I will get back to you early next week.

Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks. Id rather know where I stand as I prefer keeping my bills up to date. As long as I dont get cut off while this is sorted.

Thanks. Id rather know where I stand as I prefer keeping my bills up to date. As long as I dont get cut off while this is sorted.
    Hi,

I am still following up on this for you and hope to have an update early next week.

Mark 

Any follow up on this? Still waiting to hear.

Any follow up on this? Still waiting to hear.
    Hi stezie

Apologies, I am still waiting on confirmation from a the efibre escalation team

Mark

I would imagine an escalation is needed with the escalations team at this stage as its been nearly 2 weeks..

And the tumble weed blows by.....

Any outcome on my request?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

And the tumble weed blows by.....

Any outcome on my request?

Hi stezie,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I've sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

thanks for the PM tracy. it doesnt answer anything only thing it highlights is that eircom have recorded incorrect direct debit details. the surname you provided, is not mines, as you can see on my eircom account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

thanks for the PM tracy. it doesnt answer anything only thing it highlights is that eircom have recorded incorrect direct debit details. the surname you provided, is not mines, as you can see on my eircom account...

Ok no problem. Sorry about this, I'll discuss this with Mark and come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey

Ok folks, is there any one in eircom that is bothered to sort my direct debit fiasco before i involve comreg? And my bills are going completely out of whack.. I am completely lost here and this is going on long enough, I should be billing eircom for this inconvenience.

Decembers bill came is saying I was €44.90 in credit
    January (today) bill came in saying that I now owe €138.43
    A difference of €183.36 in one month

How is this possible on a €40 per month bill (Flat rate broadband only, with no telephone number activated)??
    And you wonder why I don’t want eircom having full direct debit access to my account?

• Advertisement

and please dont post

"come back to you soon."

then forget about the problem.. that  tactic just helps your response time and response rate stats...

I need a conclusion today please.

Official Complaint logged with Eircom. will wait the 10 days then complaint will be logged with ComReg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi stezie

I've looked into this and I can see there are two bills outstanding @ €40.00 each. There are also two direct debit invalid payment fee's @ €15.00 each ex VAT, however as this is logged with our Customer Complaints team by yourself , this will be fully investigated over the next 10 days.

You will then be contacted and advised of the outcome.

Thanks
    Ash

Hi stezie

I've looked into this and I can see there are two bills outstanding @ €40.00 each. There are also two direct debit invalid payment fee's @ €15.00 each ex VAT, however as this is logged with our Customer nts team by yourself , this will be fully investigated over the next 10 days.

You will then be contacted and advised of the outcome.

Thanks
    Ash

Ashling, going by what you say that means the bill should be 110 not near 140?? Any ways please have Mark look into this. This was left with him months ago and he was to investigate why eircom cannot process my direct debits properly. unpaid direct debits are because eircom cant collect properly and then charge me 15 euro.

Also please forward me a copy of the two unpaid bills you mention because what I have here is completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Also please forward me a copy of the two unpaid bills you mention because what I have here is completely different.
    Hi stezie
    If you would like to PM your email address and I'll request for accounts to send this onto you. 

Thanks
    Ash

Hi stezie
    If you would like to PM your email address and I'll request for accounts to send this onto you. 

Thanks
    Ash

Pm sent.

I still require the issue resolved regarding eircoms inability to collect direct debits then charge me a fee for that privlidge.. by the way these fees will need struck off the account as its an admin fault at eircoms side as usual.

This issue is still outstanding. help please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

This issue is still outstanding. help please.
    Hi stezie

Please PM me your eircom account details and I'll look into this for you

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

@Alan

Have you read the rest of this thread at all?? Talk about incompetence........

Similar tactics to other communications providers here on boards. Perhaps there should be more than just responce rate and time. HOw about complaint satisfaction %??

Advertisement