Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It never gets easier, you just get faster

Options
  • 06-11-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Wed 30th Oct:
    Ergs: 10 mins rate 18 - 2:33 split
    2 min rest
    10 mins rate 20 - 2:27 split

Attempted:

Plank for 1 min
    Sit ups x20
    Left side plank 1 min
    Right side plank 1 min
    Leg lifts 10

Failed miserably.

Thur 31st Oct:
    8.5mile cycle in 40 mins cycling at a fast pace

45 mins of circuits

8.5 mile cycle in about 50 minutes, slower pace than above as I was tired from circuits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Ergs: 15 mins rate 20, did it with 2:25 split

Did approx 20 squats

17 mile cycle

One hour of sculling working on posture and not dipping the blades in the water too deep.

1st sweep rowing session working on reaching out far, twisting the shoulders while keeping the back straight.

2nd sweep rowing session was putting that into practice rowing as an 8 at about rate 24.

10 minutes on the erg at rate 20 with a 2:37 spilt.

10 squats.

Yesterday - 30 minutes of moderate cycling

Today:

20 minute warm up; forward and reverse slides
    then 2mins r18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18 then 2 mins warm down
    Average: rate 21 at 2:30 split

10 minutes of:
    10 pull ups
    10 pressups
    15 squats

Managed to complete it 5 times in the ten minutes.

Yesterday: 45 minutes of circuits

7 mile cycle in 36 minutes

Attempted:
    Two rounds of
    Butterfly site ups
    Russian Twists
    Leg lifts
    Front plank
    For one minute each

then 30 seconds of side planks

Struggled with everything except the butterfly sit up and leg lifts; I'm probably doing them wrong!

• Advertisement

2 x 8.5 mile cycles, 44 minutes each.

Sweep rowing session 1, concentrated on squaring up early

Sweep rowing session 2 in a quad concentrated on balance and tapping down in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Rowing log? Just curious.

Yes! Completed a learn to row course a few weeks ago, I'm now on their development squad, I'm keeping a log of the training I'm doing so I can see how much progress I'm making.

45 minutes of circuits

20 minutes at rate 20 with a split of 2:25, aimed for that rate as I thought I was going to get a 2 second improvement on the last time, but I see I've already done 15 mins at rate 20 with a 2:25 split, so haven't improved my split but at least I did it for 5 minutes longer than last time.

• Advertisement

Saturday 23rd:
    40 minutes of cycling

Sunday 24th:
    2 x 8.5 mile cycles, didn't time myself but went at the same rate I always do.

Sculling session: really good session, worked on not dipping my blades in too much, made good progress on that.

Sweep rowing session: went out in a 4, like last week, tried working on our balance, found this difficult as the girl in front wasn't tapping down so it was hard to synch up with her to balance the boat.

Wednesday 27th:
    20 minute warm up, rate 20 2:25 split

4 x 500m sprints
    2:15 split at rate 26
    2:14 spilt at rate 25
    2:12 split at rate 26
    2:11 split at rate 25

Then 10 minutes of this sequence:
    15 squats
    5 lunges on each leg
    10 press ups

Completed sequence 7 or 8 times in the 10 minutes (lost count).

Wednesday 4th
    10 minute warm up, went a bit hard.
    Then thought it was a good idea to do a 2K test. Got a terrible time and it was a struggle to get it too, really awful row.

Did this sequence twice:
    1 minute of russian twists
    1 minutes of butterfly sit ups
    1 minute of front plank (I can't do a proper plank yet so rested on my knees instead of my toes)
    30 sec side plank on each side

Thursday 5th
    20 minute warm up for circuits. Got a 2:22 split at rate 21, quicker than my previous 20 minute sessions :)
    1 hour of circuits.

Sunday 8th

First time out in a single and I didn't capsize so incredibly happy with that. Didn't get to do one full stroke as I was working on just balancing the boat, so did arms first, then body rock progressing up to half slide with my blades skimming the water to help with the balance. Found it very difficult to keep rowing in a straight line, so need to work on applying equal pressure each stroke.

First sweep session we concentrated on dipping the blade in at the catch before moving our legs and also dipping down in time with the person in front. I was told to concentrate on twisting my shoulders not my back and to bend my inside arm for the catch.

The second session we put all that into practice and rowed for the longest time continuously we've done so far in training, which was really good.

Monday 9th
    30 minute erg test at rate 20 at our initial rate 20 split; 2:27.
    Did mine with a 2:22 split at rate 21

Advertisement