Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldy Man/Solo/Oceana

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Is it closed again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

think so their facebook site is down will know next saturday night anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone know was it open over the weekend?

it was closed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye its closed. Something to do with a flood / rotted walls / <insert other rumour here>. But its closed at present. Not sure when, if it will, re-open.

yeah i heard the same, the sands is open for business, but the nightclubs are a dying business it would appear. They had a home and away type actor there 2 weeks ago, charged a tenner in. I wonder how that went???

• Advertisement

they charged a 10euro for the first weekend they opened then the second they charged 8euro after 12. the second weekend. first weekend packed. but second weekend not as busy.

Its a disaster charging any money into anywhere these days. I was in the sands last night and I had a look at the nightclub and its looking fantastic. White leather sofas, cushions, luxury everywhere. Very swanky. There is no island bar anymore, thats gone., the bar is at the wall now.
    Its a pity because its some waste. Would it do business if they just opened it every thurs, fri, sat and sun night free of charge. The days are gone now when people will pay more money for entry, especially when you've got extensions for free elsewhere.

wouldent have a problem with paying 5euro on a sat night but the other nights should be free. night clubs seem to always put the prices up when theres a big night for example halloween, christmas, easter or bank holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

makes more business sense to charge less to get in and get more people than to charge more and get less!! its all called greed if ya ask me! and its right that people do business with there feet and walk away from being ripped off

Advertisement