Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evod coils going dead in a day?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hey all,

sorry if this has been raised and apologies if my terminology is all wrong.
    I find that my coils go dead, producing weak vapour, in a day. I use an eGoT battery, liquids that aren’t very thick and I don’t use it all day. The dead coils are very annoying - I must be doing something wrong. I’ve tried soaking them in alcohol and burning them with a lighter but so far this hasn't helped much.

I now have a huge collection of useless coils – is there an easy way to re-wick these? It seems like such a waste to be buying new coils every week.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Sorry I haven't time to type you a long reply, but a day doesn't seem like very long if you're not using gunky juices like El Toro ....

Are you finding lots of gurgling or does the vapour just disappear? Do they taste burnt?

Google dry burning protank heads, here's the first hit on that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=550Njj-Jq7s - you should get a few more uses from a head this way - I also steep them in vodka after I've dry burned them

Also google rebuilding protank heads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8FFhFYDd2Q

There's also a few threads here on page 1 or 2 that would help.

Good luck, am sure you'll get a more detailed response later....

Edit, also meant to say, if you're using high resistance heads, it's possible that your battery hasn't got enough power to fire them up.... Try using a lower resistance head, or get a VV battery and vape at a higher voltage

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Thanks CJM, I'll give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Dead easy to rebuild evod heads with cotton, so much so that I took a new head tonight and took the unused wick out and put in cotton as I prefer it. I get a few hours with some juices and a day with others but as it only takes about 30 sec at most to put in a new wick.....maybe less :)

Is that ordinary cotton wool? So you don't need to keep buying more coils?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Well the cotton balls you get in places like Tesco Are fine, have not got unbleached ones yet but these are working fine so far, and very easy to re wick too.....and taste better. They may not last as long but well worth it IMO.

Edit: Don't be put off by being slow on first one, my first took ages.....this evening I re wicked 8 coils in a couple of minutes.....it gets very easy with a little practice.

Edit: The coils themselves will last a long time if you are gentle with them, I messed up a few tweaking them but have learned to try to keep them as they are when they come.

I took the wick out of a new one last night and re wicked with cotton as I have discovered that removing the silica wick after it has been used a few times is a bit of a struggle and can deform the original coil as sometimes the gunk really gets stuck to the wick even after dry burning several times. This does not happen with cotton.

Also easy on the dry burning, just enough does it, there is a rubber seal under the coil that gets burnt if you overdo it on the dry burn......put a cotton wick into one last night and did not dry burn just to see how much of a difference it makes. Have not tried it yet.

• Advertisement

Cheers dePaetrick, I put some cotton wool in for an immediate fix and that is working well. I'll progress to wrapping the woll in the coil soon.

Advertisement