Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex XMC718N and Dimplex XMX718N Storage Heaters.

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone at all tell me how to set these bloody things up? Google'd a few websites and have tried a few things but I don't seem to be getting any heat!

They have both been left to charge for as good as 48 hrs but I'm getting nowhere.

The XMC718N has red switch on the side of the unit to emit heat straight away "kind of like a booster" and works fine but neither store any heat.

I'm in rented accommodation BTW.

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Brembo26.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

for anyone who is interested i found this: Operating instructions for my particular heaters.

Ill give it another 48 hours and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

prob just turn up the input and output buttons on top if they're standard and turn on the wall switches

you might need to adjust the off peak controls like a devireg

sometimes there's a resettable cutout that pops inside the heaters

is the off-peak power working ?is there neons on the 2 wall switches?

Unfortunately they're just plain switches on the wall but the booster light on the rad itself is working fine.

24hrs passed so far with everything at 6 and the wall switches on. Just have to wait till this time tomorrow to adjust the setting and then wait another day for them to take effect!

it's a nuisance when they fit plain switches

well days later and there still isnt any heat. Where is the reset switch or the cut out switch?

• Advertisement

inside heater probably near the the controls on top

you'd check that once you've confirmed off-peak supply is working....which is easier when electricians fit neon switches

Right so the landlord was over this evening and reset the 2 storage heaters. Lets see what happens in the morning :P

Well nothing happened. Still not working.

Landlord said they are going to organise an electrician to have a look.

Ahh, there was a thermostat behind the front door that I never took notice of :o

More dials to deal with.

Whats the point in having a separate thermostat to the input and output settings?

that's the off-peak control i mentioned in post 3 ,although they don't use stats so much now

it's for control of all heaters

pet hate of mine...plain switches on NSH

• Advertisement

I wasn't sure what you meant sorry :p

So I suppose have the stat at around 20-21°c and have the input on the rad at 4. Would there be any specific setting for the output to be at to get heat mainly from the afternoon right through to night time? say maybe 12am?

Thanks for all the help btw.

i prob should have mentioned..

i think the temp setting on the master control(stat) is just a up/down control

i don't think it will correlate to an actual room temperature as it controls the off-peak charging

just turn it up and if the apt. is too warm the next day...turn it down a bit

Advertisement