Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher bills than told when signing a contract

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hey, I previously was on a NGB and a few months ago I upgraded to eFibre Unlimited which was supposed to be 55 euro a month. My first bill came over 100 euro and this months bill was 88 euro. Could someone get back to me and explain what is going on?
    If I'll have to pay 88 euro for this month I'll want to leave eircom.
    Regards,
    Darius.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Took me a while but eventually I managed to contact customer service, you can close the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Took me a while but eventually I managed to contact customer service, you can close the thread.
    Hi Darius.Tr

Glad to hear that, sorry about the delay in getting through. If you need us to check or follow up on anything feel free to PM us.

Mark

So this month I am still having the exact same issue, just received a bill of 107.92 and this is after "sorting things out" with customer care and vodafone Rep confirming this on boards.ie . I don't see any other options but just going to the bank and declining to pay this months bill as I really can not keep paying such bills....
    Could someone please have a look at this again as contacting Customer Care takes the whole day of waiting on a phone.

Regards,
    Darius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

So this month I am still having the exact same issue, just received a bill of 107.92 and this is after "sorting things out" with customer care and vodafone Rep confirming this on boards.ie . I don't see any other options but just going to the bank and declining to pay this months bill as I really can not keep paying such bills....
    Could someone please have a look at this again as contacting Customer Care takes the whole day of waiting on a phone.

Regards,
    Darius.

Hi Darius. Tr,

I'm sorry to hear this issue has arisen again.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent

• Advertisement

PM sent
    Perfect, thanks for those details.

I have sent you a PM back.

Tracey

Just received a text message saying that I still have to pay 107 euro for eFibre, could someone could have a look into this again?

Just received a text message saying that I still have to pay 107 euro for eFibre, could someone could have a look into this again?

I can confirm the credit has been issued to the account but will not appear until the next bill. Please ignore the text message and only pay balance of €45.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Hey Tracey, 
    Thanks for getting back to me this fast, could you also have a look and confirm that the eFibre plan has been upgraded to unlimited as I wanna make sure I wont have to do this next month again.

Regards,
    Darius.

Hey Tracey, 
    Thanks for getting back to me this fast, could you also have a look and confirm that the eFibre plan has been upgraded to unlimited as I wanna make sure I wont have to do this next month again.

Regards,
    Darius.

No problem at all. I've checked this for you and I can confirm that your package has been changed to the unlimited plan.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi, seems like I'm back again.
    After all the hassle I still got debited 107 euro from my bank account instead of 50 euro which should have been for eFibre unlimited. What went wrong this time?
    And as always getting through to customer care by phone seems impossible. 

Regards,
    Darius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, seems like I'm back again.
    After all the hassle I still got debited 107 euro from my bank account instead of 50 euro which should have been for eFibre unlimited. What went wrong this time?
    And as always getting through to customer care by phone seems impossible. 

Regards,
    Darius.
    HI Darius.Tr

I'm sorry to hear this, it seems quite odd that this has happened as Tracey did indeed arrange the credits. I will need to investigate this further and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks

Al

Did anyone got a chance to look at this? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Did anyone got a chance to look at this? 
    We will chase this again Darius.Tr
    Tony

Any news yet?

Any news yet?
    Hi Darius.Tr

I have been in touch with accounts and they have advised me that it takes 30 days for a credit to go through once issued. They have also informed me that considering this your credits will appear on your next efibre bill.

The accounts team have informed me that should you need any further clarification on this please feel free to contact them on free phone 1901.

Thanks

Al

Hi, so I'm back for the forth month in a row :)
    Finally I've been credited the money I've payed the month before, but I noticed one more error in the bill. It says that my account is still eFibre advanced with 30gb/month allowance though I've been told a couple of times that it's been changed to unlimited.
    I'd appreciate if someone could have a look at this for the last time, I hope :)

Regards,
    Darius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi Darius.Tr

Apologies for this. I will look into this now and get back to you soon with an update.

Thank
    Ash

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Finally I've been credited the money I've payed the month before, but I noticed one more error in the bill. It says that my account is still eFibre advanced with 30gb/month allowance though I've been told a couple of times that it's been changed to unlimited.
    I'd appreciate if someone could have a look at this for the last time, I hope :)

Regards,
    Darius.
    My second bill arrived today with exactly the same problem, €33 charged for going over allowance, even though the last agent said she had fixed it. I have no doubt it will happen again next month too......

Hi Aisling,
    Sorry to bother you again but I was wondering if you had a look at this yet?
    I really want to get all this sorted for the last time, as it's been nothing but problems since I signed a new contract. 

Regards,
    Darius.

• Advertisement

Bump

Has anyone looked into this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ridiculous carry on by Eircom here

Still nothing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Ah, good old Eircom, still super-efficient at taking people's money, but sadly under-resourced when it comes to giving it back when mistaken. In any other situation, it would simply be called "theft".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

That's unreal OP, my parents had similar problems with Eircom years ago, I refuse to have anything to do with them since, I'd rather use 2 tin cans with a string between them.
    Get on to comreg, and get out of that contract, it's been months at this stage, it's not going to get any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Sounds very typical of Eircom, you contact them someone promises you the problem has been solved and nothing changes I do wonder if anyone at Eircom actually gives a sh!t about its customers.

OP, you need to lodge a formal complaint with Eircom, just call them and ask for the number to lodge a formal complaint, call it and lodge a complaint (include all the problems you have had) then if the problem isn't solved to your satisfaction in 10 working days then email comreg with the full details of the issue. I normally contact comreg straight away and you probably can in your case because Eircom have already had plenty of time to get your account sorted out.

I would also ask for compensation, you won't get much but ask for a €10 credit to your account for every time Eircom have made a mistake on your bill after being informed of the problems, you should get something back.

I'm gonna give them one more chance, the important thing is you can clearly see eircom:Alan responding to all other complaints :D

Regards,
    Darius.
    Hi Darius.Tr

Apologies for this delay, I'm glad to see you have got the credit you were owed and I can confirm that I can clearly see that you do in fact now have unlimited usage.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

I really hope this is gonna be my last time posting here regarding the same issue :) 
    I guess I just have to wait for my next bill now and see.
    Regards,
    Darius.

Advertisement