If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stands for Q Acoustics 2010i Speakers

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Do you have any stands, other than the expensive official ones, to fit a pair of Q Acoustics 2010i speakers please?

Also, looking for a Hi Fi amp to drive a pair of Mission M74i speakers. Would the Sansui SAP201V be a good buy? I'd be adding a Pioneer DVL-D925 Laserdisc, NAD 630 and Marantz CD-42 to the setup.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you have any stands, other than the expensive official ones, to fit a pair of Q Acoustics 2010i speakers please?

Also, looking for a Hi Fi amp to drive a pair of Mission M74i speakers. Would the Sansui SAP201V be a good buy? I'd be adding a Pioneer DVL-D925 Laserdisc, NAD 630 and Marantz CD-42 to the setup.

Thanks!
    STG,

Thanks for the post - for a minute I thought I was back in the '80's with Sansui, Laserdiscs, and CD42's all in the mix again..

I'm not familiar with the Sansui to be honest, but if I was ging out to buy an amp in that price range now I wouldnt even think about it - I'd grab a Marantz PM6004 whilst they are still around at the bonkers £199.95 price - really they are probably the very best amp deal we have ever done!

On the stand front - the Pixel T80 would make a decent match for your Q's at £49.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/pixel/t80/pixe-t80-stand

Alternatively the Soundstyle Z2i at £69.95 are really excellent and a close relation to the Q Stands - however the best option really is the dedicated stand from Q Acoustics at £84.95 - they really do work....

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Hi John

Cheers for the swift response! I bought a lot of items regularly from you guys in the past and always got excellent service and advice. :)

Indeed the setup I have is very retro. A NAD cassette deck, Pioneer Laserdisc and a Marantz CD player are a bit old school. However it's a low-cost, minimum fuss retro setup I'm after really so not wanting the push the boat out too much on an amp, hence the Sansui looks good for the price.

What are the RMS specs for the Marantz 6004 please?

Thanks also for the info on the stands. Can the pixel stands be filled and have cable management? Would Mission Stancette's fit the Q2010i's?

STG,

many thanks for the kind words ....:o

I may have a bit of a coup for you.. I was looking at clearing out some Q Acoustics product in a small Boardie clearance and we have uncovered a brand new pair of Q Acoustic 1000ST stands - Have a look here:
    http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/themes/qacoustics/1000i_brochure.pdf

If you would like to grab them - I'll clear them at £39.95 / €48.99

On the Marantz - honestly it's a F A N T A S T I C amplifier here is the What Hifi review at £310 ( 5 Star)
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm6004

Its conservatively rated at 2 * 45 watts into 8 ohms and would be MORE than capable of driving your Missions ( it would actually be a good combination as it will be able to control the Missions exuberance.

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hifi&subcatid=amplifier&productid=pm6004

Keep me posted if you are interested in the 1000ST's and I'll stick your name on them..

Thanks again,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John

That is great news! Do the 1000 stands work with Q2010i speakers and fit flush? If they are black or granite then that would be perfect I will take those!

I will habe a think on the Marantz amp and maybe put a bit by so I can get that, and the stands in a fortnight or so if that is ok?

I like the Sansui as it has a built in DAC and moving magnet phono stage. Not sure what the Marantz offers in terms of spec but definitely sounds like a good option without breaking the bank.

Do you have any Van Damme cable and banana plugs too and RCA plugs as I am keen to make some up for this this setup myself to keep costs down.

Thanks again!

Hi John

That is great news! Do the 1000 stands work with Q2010i speakers and fit flush? If they are black or granite then that would be perfect I will take those!

I will habe a think on the Marantz amp and maybe put a bit by so I can get that, and the stands in a fortnight or so if that is ok?

I like the Sansui as it has a built in DAC and moving magnet phono stage. Not sure what the Marantz offers in terms of spec but definitely sounds like a good option without breaking the bank.

Do you have any Van Damme cable and banana plugs too and RCA plugs as I am keen to make some up for this this setup myself to keep costs down.

Thanks again!
    The 1000St's are aluminum finish - just drop us a line if you would like them reserved?

Have a look at the marantz spec here ( it does not have a built in DAC) http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6004/mara-pm6004-blk

Unfortunately we don't stock Van Damme cable or Banana plugs - we stock Cambridge Audio and Qed as our main accy and cable brands..

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Cheers John, I will drop you a quick PM if that's OK?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers John, I will drop you a quick PM if that's OK?
    Hey STG.Otaku.

Just a little post to check if you had been looked after as I know John has been in and out of the office over the last few days.

Hey STG.Otaku.

Just a little post to check if you had been looked after as I know John has been in and out of the office over the last few days.

Yep cheers Kenny all sorted. I dropped John a PM to reserve the stands. Not sure on the amp though, I might go with the Sansui still or look for something ex display or second hand if you have anything suitable?

Cheers. :)

Hey STG.Otaku.

Yep cheers Kenny all sorted. I dropped John a PM to reserve the stands.  Not sure on the amp though, I might go with the Sansui still or look for something ex display or second hand if you have anything suitable?

Hi STG,

Not an awful lot here ex demo.  The 6004 John posted really is a great deal.  Plus you're getting a brand new boxed amp for £199.95, sounds great too!!

Chris

Hi John,

Sent you a PM there on Thursday to buy the stands? Can I still buy them please? :)

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Sent you a PM there on Thursday to buy the stands? Can I still buy them please? :)

Thanks!
    Hi STG,

John is fairly busy at the moment so may not get a lot of time online.  If you'd like to send me a copy of the PM I'll get you sorted :)

Chris

Hi STG,

John is fairly busy at the moment so may not get a lot of time online.  If you'd like to send me a copy of the PM I'll get you sorted :)

Chris

Hi Chris

No problem. I will forward it to you. :)

Tried calling the shop in Belfast yesterday but nobody was answering. Just some weird automated system that tells you to call the number you just called! :confused:

Any chance we can wrap this up lads? My Q2010i's need stands! :)

Sorted! Called the shop this morning and got those stands paid for. Looking forward to receiving them!

Thanks again to guys and girls at Richer Sounds. :)

All received just grand lads. Thanks a lot for sorting me out with the stands. It is a shame they don't bolt on to the actual stand but I guess Q Acoustics chanhed that so you have to buy proprietary stands for the 2010i's!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.