Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pill Prescription Check-up for €25 in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Some ads were popping up on my Facebook feed a while back about a Dublin clinic (it was somewhere in south Dublin - Terenure maybe?) which was offering a consultation for a repeat pill prescription for €25. I thought I'd keep it in mind for when my current prescription ran out, but now that it has, I can't remember the name of the clinic, and my googling efforts haven't gotten me very far.

I've looked into ordering from Llyods Online instead, since I've been going to the college doctor regularly since the start of the year for prescriptions etc, and am confident my blood pressure etc is fine (and I can't go to the college medical centre again because I've been finished since August) - but given the choice, for the same money, I'd prefer to make the effort to have a face-to-face consultation instead. Any one know anything about this mysterious clinic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP, I have moved your thread to this forum as I think you'll probably get better answers here. This forums' charter now applies.
    Best of luck,
    Sauve.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

I haven't seen any of those ads but I've used llyods pharmacy online, brilliant service. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Up-n-atom! wrote: »
    Some ads were popping up on my Facebook feed a while back about a Dublin clinic (it was somewhere in south Dublin - Terenure maybe?) which was offering a consultation for a repeat pill prescription for €25. I thought I'd keep it in mind for when my current prescription ran out, but now that it has, I can't remember the name of the clinic, and my googling efforts haven't gotten me very far.

I've looked into ordering from Llyods Online instead, since I've been going to the college doctor regularly since the start of the year for prescriptions etc, and am confident my blood pressure etc is fine (and I can't go to the college medical centre again because I've been finished since August) - but given the choice, for the same money, I'd prefer to make the effort to have a face-to-face consultation instead. Any one know anything about this mysterious clinic?
    Lloyds online Doctor Ireland is the FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Yeah, I've seen Lloyds advertised on FB, but there was definitely another service based in Dublin offering a similarly priced service, but for a clinic! I'll keep an eye out for it in case it pops up in future, but for now I've just gone with Lloyds - will go for a check-up when this prescription runs out!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Primacare in Dundrum does repeat prescriptions for €30, I think the first time i went was just normal doctor price and then every time after that was just €30 provided I was just there to get the prescription, the doctor still checked your blood pressure etc. They are up on the fourth floor of the shopping centre.

This online thing i just don't get, no one should be getting the pill without seeing a doctor every 6 months, its just not safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Yeah, I guess I'm a bit wary of depending on the online service - I'll look into the Dundrum place you suggested for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

There's a Women's Health Clinic in Dun Laoghaire that advertise (on their website) €30 appointments with the nurse, which is pretty much all you need for a repeat prescription (blood pressure / weight / questions). I would guess they might like you to pay for a doctor's visit the first time, but perhaps not. There must be other clinics that offer appointments with nurses instead and with a reduced rate too.

Advertisement