Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another new dog thread

• 06-11-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

I have had dogs growing up, springer, cocker and mixed breeds. I now live abroad and would love a dog. i will be here a few years so I am thinking of biting the bullet.
    The issues (there are always issues) are that I need something that can tolerate heat, due to the climate. I would like to be able to jog with the dog and have it protect the home if needed. However I live in a duplex, about the size of a 3 bed semi. I have a yard but its all paved. there is a dog park and beach at the compound so exercise shouldn't be an issue. Although no do is quiet, I hate too much unnecessary barking.

And dogs from the pound are not an option.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Will you be able to bring your dog with you when you leave your current location? (you said: i will be here a few years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

What would the quarantine be if you wanted to bring the dog "home"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

I would bring the dog with me. I won't be leaving for a few years now, in the past I wanted a dog but was unsure as to the length of time i would be in one place therefore thought it pretty mean to get a dog for a year or so, put in into quarantine for up to 6 months.

Advertisement