Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service

Options
  • 06-11-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been a customer for nearly 10 years. Even though I made a payment of €460 on the 25th of October it was deemed to be okay to cut me off yesterday.
    Your customer service agent told me that he called 3 times. The first time my phone was off and that was in your definition contacting me. The second time he called with a private number and didn't leave a voice-mail when there was no answer yet that is counted as contacting me too??? The best one is the lie he told me that on the 15th of October I received a phone call to tell me I was going to be cut off and that I decided not to commit to making a payment. This is the biggest pile of bull I've heard from a customer service agent, to tell a customer that they had been spoken to and that they decided to let their essential electricity be cut off without making a payment plan is absurd. 
    I get paid monthly and had earmarked the €460 to pay towards my bill which was roughly €820. The best bit is the only way to be reconnected once you are disconnected is pay 60% of what is owed or have a pay as you go meter installed. I live in a rented house so cannot change the meter. Also because I paid €460 (roughly 55%) of what was owed, the calculated 60% is what is remaining, an extra €270. I have to say I've never heard of a companies policies being so out of kilter with reality. I managed to pay the bill this morning, but there is no one available until tomorrow to reconnect my supply. So now I have no power & heating, food rotting in the fridge & freezer, and have to take time off work tomorrow to get reconnected. All because none of your departments are connected.
    It's funny. Electric Ireland are currently sending representatives around to businesses looking for people to switch back to them after "The Big Switch". I work for a company who uses €50,000 oer year on electricity and I can firmly say you will not be getting this business or any of my other business again.
    Sort yourselves out.   

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello Sean,

We regret your unhappiness with how your query was dealt with. If you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your address/name/telephone number in full as they appear on your account, we will investigate for you and try to find out the soonest you could be reconnected.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colour

I've been a customer for nearly 10 years. Even though I made a payment of €460 on the 25th of October it was deemed to be okay to cut me off yesterday.
    Your customer service agent told me that he called 3 times. The first time my phone was off and that was in your definition contacting me. The second time he called with a private number and didn't leave a voice-mail when there was no answer yet that is counted as contacting me too??? The best one is the lie he told me that on the 15th of October I received a phone call to tell me I was going to be cut off and that I decided not to commit to making a payment. This is the biggest pile of bull I've heard from a customer service agent, to tell a customer that they had been spoken to and that they decided to let their essential electricity be cut off without making a payment plan is absurd.
    I get paid monthly and had earmarked the €460 to pay towards my bill which was roughly €820. The best bit is the only way to be reconnected once you are disconnected is pay 60% of what is owed or have a pay as you go meter installed. I live in a rented house so cannot change the meter. Also because I paid €460 (roughly 55%) of what was owed, the calculated 60% is what is remaining, an extra €270. I have to say I've never heard of a companies policies being so out of kilter with reality. I managed to pay the bill this morning, but there is no one available until tomorrow to reconnect my supply. So now I have no power & heating, food rotting in the fridge & freezer, and have to take time off work tomorrow to get reconnected. All because none of your departments are connected.
    It's funny. Electric Ireland are currently sending representatives around to businesses looking for people to switch back to them after "The Big Switch". I work for a company who uses €50,000 oer year on electricity and I can firmly say you will not be getting this business or any of my other business again.
    Sort yourselves out.   
    Don't get me wrong before you jump all over me because I do sympathise with your situation but were you not receiving reminder letters and bills marked overdue to make you aware that you needed to pay within their credit terms or at least contact them to arrange a payment plan?

Just because your a customer for a while doesn't mean your exempt from your service been withdrawn especially if your not adhering to their credit terms.

Fair enough I completely agree they should have made a better attempt to contact you but were you contacting them keeping them up to date of when you were planning on paying if your overdue?

As far as I know pay as you go meters can be installed in rented properties but the Electric Ireland rep maybe able to advise for definite on this?

Out of kilter with reality - you receive this service on credit!!! And your surprised you were cut off when you were overdue on your account. You mention €820 this doesn't sound like one or two bills more like a build up of 5/6 bills or maybe more which is what 10/12 months of being provided with a service (on credit) - I know alot of other companies that would withdraw alot quicker! I know not the same before anyone says anything but take for example my bin company I was behind by one week and before this my bills were always paid on time but my bins weren't collected but I didn't go complaining - why because I can't expect a company to provide free service!

Reconnection time frame works on a first come first served bases as far as I am aware - meaning anyone that would have called before you would have taken today's appointment slots so that's why your slotted in for tomorrow. You make them sound so vindictive slotting you in for tomorrow maybe all the slots for today were gone!

I apologise in advance for ranting its just I can not understand why people can't stand up and take some ownership for their own bills and responsibilities and stop blaming everyone else!!!

Advertisement