Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford during Winterval

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Hi All,

The light show is brilliant again and runs every half hour from 5pm. The market is great but don't forget there are two or three stalls on New Bailey St, opposite the entrance to where you watch the Xmas movies. They were completely lost down there and nobody around.

Also, check out the Waterford Homecrafts Christmas Craft Fair in Garter Lane, crafts from over 40 craft people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

O Riain wrote: »
    TURKISH!

Also right next to them is a cabin selling pizza blaas. Well worth a try lads!

Tell me more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

jayboi wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me (without going on a rant) have a bunch of Roma rented the first cabin as you walk out of city square towards St Olafs Hall.

I was thinking the same myself, And a few folk have asked me the same, chap whom normally plays the acordian on Georges St was manning it yesterday afternoon.

Obviously they do well enough out of casual labour/busking to afford the hut rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

longshanks wrote: »
    Tell me more!!!

Pizza Blaas are lovely. Simple idea of pizza toppings on a Blaa base. Not sure why this was not thought of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

thomasm wrote: »
    Pizza Blaas are lovely. Simple idea of pizza toppings on a Blaa base. Not sure why this was not thought of before.

It's forward thinking entrepeneurial go getting legends like these chaps that are going to get us out of this recession. Mark my words...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

So simple and so effective! Vive la Blaa Revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Went in today with kids, lovely atmosphere and so much to see. Kids really loved the Fadó vikings in Greyfriars. If you haven't seen them, they're well worth a visit. Great to see a local group developing like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Ive been doing that for years

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Weekend_Yet

Great buzz about the town today. Popped into the Reg for a bit , would recommend it for people with kids, showing xmass movies and popcorn. Than at 9 they have an adult movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Great buzz about the town today. Popped into the Reg for a bit , would recommend it at 9 they have an adult movie.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Around 2.30 Saturday outside Penneys young lad singing Robbie Williams 'Shes the one' with older bloke on guitar.

Only heard parts of it, but sounded fairly good, not an easy song to sing I reckon, but he was giving it everything in a good way not trying to change it.

ne1 else hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Is there stuff going on during the day or does it kick off in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭decies

Was in tonight , Blaa pizza lad was closing up around 7 pm he gave me a free one lovely job , had chips beside medieval museum again it was nice , had a nice burger Blaa at molloys . Thought one or two dead wood in singing Christmas tree . Light show on building very good . A lot of stands closing up around 7.30 even though advertised till 9pm. Almost forgot go to back of the Munster and try out the funnel cake, donut - waffle with syrup, my god it was lovely !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Than at 9 they have an adult movie.

it must have been the x-rated version of It's A Wonderful Life so :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 13,956 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

decies wrote: »
    Blaa pizza lad was closing up around 7 pm he gave me a free one lovely job , had chips beside medieval museum again it was nice , had a nice burger Blaa at molloys ..... Almost forgot go to back of the Munster and try out the funnel cake, donut - waffle with syrup, my god it was lovely !!!

That could be something from an Enid Blyton book - they were forever eating!

I didn't get in this weekend, so plan on bringing the kids next weekend. This post has made me decide to maybe have a light lunch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I am so glad I started this tread.....Its great that it seems to be as good as everyone said.....only a couple more weeks till we are down...cant wait!

I will report back

• Administrators Posts: 13,956 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Don't forget to go to the Singing Christmas Tree on Saturday 14th @ 3pm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Winterval is not much fun for the caged animals down in Spring Garden Alley. Not sure why we need a caged Emu and Wallaby and the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

old gregg wrote: »
    Winterval is not much fun for the caged animals down in Spring Garden Alley. Not sure why we need a caged Emu and Wallaby and the rest of them.
    Winterval's Bush Tucker Trial area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭webpal

webpal wrote: »
    Anyone know if a stamp is needed for santas postbox or if he'll send a reply?

Just want to bump this as I'll be going in Saturday, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

enabler wrote: »
    the Granville is a lovely homely hotel in the heart of everything

I agree its nice, but its full of aulwans and aulfellas,
    The Tower Hotel is by far the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

old gregg wrote: »

What? I haven't been in to Winterval. Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

webpal wrote: »
    Just want to bump this as I'll be going in Saturday, thanks
    BawSyYUCAAExJD-.jpg:large

Remember to post your entry in free competition at City Square to be in with a chance of winning €500 worth of vouchers .

Just choose a name for the Winterval snowman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

What? I haven't been in to Winterval. Are you serious?

Sadly am completely serious. There were nights last weekend when the animals were left unattended with access to the pens open to the public without lighting. City council were notified and I believe the organisers were forced to take a little better care of the animals. Absolutely shocking. Anyone who has ever experienced Emus in the wild will know that they cover considerable distances in a day so to see one crammed into a small pen up against a cold damp wall is distressing. The same goes for the Wallaby who looks distressed.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The emu seems to have gone. The deer didn't look too bothered but the wallaby was hunched miserably in a corner. Agree the whole thing looked pathetic, so many bars and barriers around them they were so barricaded looking it was hard to see what the point of the exercise is. One display that could be removed I think, though if the owners care so little about the animals, what are they going back to?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

looksee wrote: »
    The emu seems to have gone. The deer didn't look too bothered but the wallaby was hunched miserably in a corner. Agree the whole thing looked pathetic, so many bars and barriers around them they were so barricaded looking it was hard to see what the point of the exercise is. One display that could be removed I think, though if the owners care so little about the animals, what are they going back to?

The barriers are for the animals protection. They come form a very good home and are loved and cared for. In truth the real animals are the drunken fools who every night have tried to get into the enclosure, throw beer bottles and hassle the Deer and Kangaroo

invalid wrote: »
    The barriers are for the animals protection. They come form a very good home and are loved and cared for. In truth the real animals are the drunken fools who every night have tried to get into the enclosure, throw beer bottles and hassle the Deer and Kangaroo

They may be loved and cared for at home but have been neglected and housed in a completely unsuitable environment while at Winterval. The onus is on the owners to ensure the welfare of those animals 24 hours a day and thus far this has been sorely neglected. In truth the real animals are those who are responsible for the care of those animals. It's actually a Wallaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭looksee

invalid wrote: »

Yes I realise that the barriers are there for the animals' protection, but if they need that much protection, so much that the whole set up looks sad and forbidding, what is the point of them being there? Their loving and caring owners should take them home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

great museums here

Advertisement