Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford during Winterval

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Any particularly nice food stalls about?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Winterval on Nationwide now place looks great on it. Pity that the Santa that came up river wasn't the kidzone Santa . He is shown a few mins later just think that when people see him it would entice more to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

deisediva wrote: »
    Winterval on Nationwide now place looks great on it. Pity that the Santa that came up river wasn't the kidzone Santa . He is shown a few mins later just think that when people see him it would entice more to visit.
    Ha that Santa was fairly poor alright, whatever about the fake beard but the strong Waterford accent on him! The episode was a great advertisement for the city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Anyone know if the fitzwilton is worth staying in?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Molloy's honey glazed ham Blaa's are the business!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,956 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The Fitzwilton, from what I know isn't a bad hotel. But definitely not family oriented, if that's important to you. It's sort of the go to hotel for Hens, stags and football teams weekends away!

The Fitzwilton, from what I know isn't a bad hotel. But definitely not family oriented, if that's important to you. It's sort of the go to hotel for Hens, stags and football teams weekends away!

Oh no, I have it booked for Thursday night for me and my one year old. Guess I should have asked on here before I booked it! Maybe I should cancel it.

If its for Thursday night you're probably ok. Friday/Saturday night would be the hens & stags nights. And usually it's used as a base, and they move on to other venues in the town.

If it's only one night, and it's Thursday, and you don't plan on spending too much time in the bar with your 1 year old, then I think you'll be fine!

If its for Thursday night you're probably ok. Friday/Saturday night would be the hens & stags nights. And usually it's used as a base, and they move on to other venues in the town.

If it's only one night, and it's Thursday, and you don't plan on spending too much time in the bar with your 1 year old, then I think you'll be fine!

Great, hopefully Thursday night's aren't too hectic. I'm not planning to use the bar at all. Maybe for some lunch but will be out visiting winterval the rest of the time.

Thanks for your advice.

While I'm here, does anyone have any recommendations on a family friendly place for dinner? Nothing too fancy, just good grub. On the cheaper side of things too.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to visit Waterford again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

1460234_10201712519107076_1453669177_n.jpg

Meeting Santa at The Irish Red Cross -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Aestivalis wrote: »
    Any particularly nice food stalls about?

so far:
    hot dogs lovely
    funnel cake was a new one on me and finally got to try it yesterday, lovely also.
    belgian twice fried chips(fries) lovely too.

next time in im getting the pizza blaa. That will be everything i wanted tried so cant go wrong with a couple sausages in a blaa after that and a coffee off on e of the many sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

One criticism of Winterval: the train route. If you are going to barge through the Spring Garden Alley opening right into traffic without so much as a beep or anyone stopping traffic thats a recipe for an accident right there. Was driving down Colbeck St yesterday and the train was paused there to allow people on/off and then it just pushed straight through in front of me (I had the green light) with no warning and nobody to temporarily stop traffic, all the while the train driver just waving and smiling at me as if to say "Ah that was funny you nearly hit into me". No, it isnt funny, its poor planning full stop. Get someone to direct the traffic ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Max Powers wrote: »
    so far:
    hot dogs lovely
    funnel cake was a new one on me and finally got to try it yesterday, lovely also.
    belgian twice fried chips(fries) lovely too.

next time in im getting the pizza blaa. That will be everything i wanted tried so cant go wrong with a couple sausages in a blaa after that and a coffee off on e of the many sellers.

Funnel cake was delicious and tye Belgian twice friend were are very welcome treat.
    Your in for a treat with the pizza blaa it's well worth trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrsMoon

Had the crepes again this year they are so tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

MrsMoon wrote: »
    Had the crepes again this year they are so tasty!

Had to read that three times, !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hey guys, where can i get these famous honey glazed ham blaas and more importantly the pizza blaas that people are raving about?? Im heading down there this friday evening and would appreciate the venues of these delicious-sounding treats.:D

P.S Is it basic pizza slice or do you have a few options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hey guys, where can i get these famous honey glazed ham blaas and more importantly the pizza blaas that people are raving about?? Im heading down there this friday evening and would appreciate the venues of these delicious-sounding treats.:D

P.S Is it basic pizza slice or do you have a few options?

I saw a Pizza Blaa sign on a hut at the back entrance of City Square Shopping Centre. (The Dunnes Stores exit)

Planning on heading for the hut myself this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭decies

That pizza Blaa place closes early get their by 7 pm , you must try that funnel cake back of the Munster !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

decies wrote: »
    That pizza Blaa place closes early get their by 7 pm , you must try that funnel cake back of the Munster !!

agree with that. one thing though, they were up by Bishops palace saturday last so they must move a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Tis only gorgeous. Cheese is golden brown, texture like sun.

Get a pizza blaa...get some Belgian chips, get a charly's cheesecake - boom dinner and dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭changepartners

Where would an out of towner park tomorrow afternoon to get the markets? WIT seems a bit far out with irregular buses, anywhere closer that won't be too mental?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bolton Street car park has plenty of space, also Millers Marsh, though its not as big so fills up fairly quickly. Bolton Street near the Tower Hotel - go out towards the Dunmore Road and the car park is on the right. Millars Marsh is a bit harder to find, if you know where the cinema/TK Maxx is, its just past there. The WIT carpark is not the main campus up the Cork Road, its the College street campus - still a fair walk though. There is usually parking on the Quays, though you need to be at the opposite end to the bridge. Those would be the easiest to fine and most likely to have space.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Ok, We are back after the weekend in waterford at Winterval. Have to say we were majorly impressed.
    The visit to Santas grotto was the highlight, It was so well organised and really entertaining while queuing.

The other highlights were the viking village, the light show, the toy museum.

It was really worth the trip and it might even become an annual trip!!

BTW Traceys was fine also. No complaints, Staff really nice and helpful. I probably could list faults with the hotel but they were insignificant.

You got a bad weekend for the weather!! The kids were supposed to be on the Singing Christmas tree on Saturday, but it was cancelled. Glad you enjoyed it though - we have still to get in for a stroll around.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭cuculainn

You got a bad weekend for the weather!! The kids were supposed to be on the Singing Christmas tree on Saturday, but it was cancelled. Glad you enjoyed it though - we have still to get in for a stroll around.

Yeah saturday was a bit of a right off, but we made it to the toy musuem (just about) and then wandered round waterford crystal.
    we got to see the light show on the friday evening and sunday was grand so overall we got to do most of what we wanted to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,543 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

cuculainn wrote: »
    Ok, We are back after the weekend in waterford at Winterval. Have to say we were majorly impressed.
    The visit to Santas grotto was the highlight, It was so well organised and really entertaining while queuing.

BTW Traceys was fine also. No complaints, Staff really nice and helpful. I probably could list faults with the hotel but they were insignificant.

Glad you enjoyed it. Tell all your friends! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

cuculainn wrote: »

great to hear good feedback about Waterford. A lot of people putting a lot of time into festivals/events/ promotions. In the end it will pay off. Thanks for the Compliments (on behalf of Waterfordians) and keep talking bout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I like the animal farm, I want to pet the emu

We are going to the Panto tonight and had planned to stroll around this evening beforehand. Looking out the window, that's not looking likely! Is there much indoors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Good bit indoors, movies and hot choc, animals, elves workshop. Polish x mass and gingerbread making.

Advertisement