Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last resort...........

Options
  • 06-11-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi to whoever deals with this (good luck and god bless)

Firstly - I'm really really really angry at this point so I'll try and be polite but I cannot promise anything! 

I wish to lodge a complaint against the services and way I've been dealt with by Eircom and its staff. I will outline the history so far: In the start of September I moved into a rented house and contacted Eircom for broadband services. I was advised that it was not in my area. Days later I had an Eircom broadband techncian at my door looking to fix a broadband fault in the area. He had seen a different car in the drive and assumed new tenants had an issue. He confirmed that there is indeed broadband in the area and that the surrounding houses were supplied with it. The landlord/owner of the poperty had also confirmed to me that broadband had been used in the house previously and I have a broadband welcome letter addressed to the previous tenants, that is how I set up the account by using their previous account number and names. So after speaking to those in the area (neighbours and the technician) I phoned Eircom again and spoke with Ibraham (based in the Dublin call centre I've learned) who after hearing all of the above explained - asked me to hold and he would check into it. He returned and confirmed that broadband was in the area and proceeded to set me up with an account and a broadband order. He advised that a technician would be out to activate the line and then broadband could be applied to the line and account and after that, within 5 working days the broadband would be active.  So, I waited for the tech to visit, which he did (infact, it was the exact same technician who had randomly knocked on the door regarding a broadband fault in the area). He did what he needed to do, provided me with the phone number and advised that I should expect decent enough speeds as the houses around me were recieving between 2 and 4mb speeds. I then contacted Ibraham via email (he had provided me with his email address to contact him after the tech had been out) and advised him that the tech had visited and advised that the order could go ahead. He contacted me back (via email) that same day which was the 9th of October - so after waiting those 5 working days and then waiting a few more I decided to phone into Eircom and see if I could recieve an update on the order. My first attempt was routed through the Cork call centre - there I spoke to someone who was very pleasant and after I explained my call they asked me to hold and they would check into it, they are possibly still checking into it as I waited for over 10 minutes on hold and they never returned so I ended the call. My next attempt I tried to phone customer service again, this led me to the Dublin call centre, there I spoke with someone who advised me they could not help that I needed to speak to someone else that they would transfer me - I then got "bounced" to accounts, which even I knew they couldn't help me either - but they did at least try and help by placing me onto tech support - who seeing as I have no broadband to support couldn't really help either, but did transfer me to sales where after explaining my story again (quite a few times at this point!) they said they would check into it as well. Eventually they were able to advise me that there was no order placed but couldn't tell me why. At that point I tried to place an order which they said couldn't be done at that time, someone would phone me back. Today I decided that I had enough of wasting time and credit on the phone I would use the web chat service that was advertised on the waiting music that I spent so much time listening to. The first operator that I tried to speak with eventually just ended the chat service with me. I was trying to use my phone and wifi services (lack of broadband you see) and the chat program was very difficult to see what I was typing and his reply it required lots of zooming in and out and would often freeze - I advised him of the issues that I was having and requested that he bear with me due to them. I carefully explained all that I have in this email he said he would check into it - he came back with the standard answer of no broadband in the area and I was in the middle of asking why did I have a tech at my house looking for a broadband fault in an area with no broadband in it - and why did the tech confirm on both visits to my house that there was broadband in the area. In the midst of me trying to carry on the conversation he closed the chat. I then borrowed a connection and pc to use the real service online - this operator did manage to finish the conversation with me, but to no success. They too could not answer why to any of my questions. So, perhaps, with this complaint I may get some answers finally. So, firstly:

Where has the broadband in my area disappeared to? The previous tenants had broadband. There is a tech who lives and works in the area who has visited my house twice and confirmed both times that there is indeed broadband in the area. But yet, no broadband shows up for those in call centres.

So, lets pretend that there really is no broadband in the area - that leads to another issue - the salesperson who mis-sold your product. He led me to believe that he had checked into the issue and spoken wtih someone who confirmed that there was broadband in my area. I made no secret that I was not calling for ANY phone services, that the phone would not be used and I do not and will not own a handset - the order was for broadband and broadband only - he said this was no problem and did kindly offer me phone packages which I declined. So, if he (like the others) could immediately see according to your system that there is no broadband in the area - and my call was ONLY regarding broadband - why did he proceed with the order? If this is the case - I can see why he has been avoiding my emails, it must not be easy to face a customer you've decieved for commission.

So - I'm not really sure what my complaint is about, I guess that's because I have many complaints regarding the whole process. But I believe it boils down to "where does my order stand" or "I've been mis-sold your product" 

I wish to raise this issue to a manager and I will also be sending a copy of this and any future correspondence to Comreg as well because I feel that either way I have been unfairly treated or I have been mis-sold a product. I tried to make a complaint while on the live chat and apprently this could not be done via the person I was speaking with. So I advised them that I would be taking my complaint further. He provided me with a link to make a complaint so I will be sending it there. And I also found another complaint link via the eircom website and I will be making sure the same complaint is sent there as well. And Comreg will be provided with this and all other correspondence from this point forward. 

I have an account number and a phone number if needed I can PM to whoever deals with this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Firstly - I'm really really really angry at this point so I'll try and be polite but I cannot promise anything! 

I wish to lodge a complaint against the services and way I've been dealt with by Eircom and its staff. I will outline the history so far: In the start of September I moved into a rented house and contacted Eircom for broadband services. I was advised that it was not in my area. Days later I had an Eircom broadband techncian at my door looking to fix a broadband fault in the area. He had seen a different car in the drive and assumed new tenants had an issue. He confirmed that there is indeed broadband in the area and that the surrounding houses were supplied with it. The landlord/owner of the poperty had also confirmed to me that broadband had been used in the house previously and I have a broadband welcome letter addressed to the previous tenants, that is how I set up the account by using their previous account number and names. So after speaking to those in the area (neighbours and the technician) I phoned Eircom again and spoke with Ibraham (based in the Dublin call centre I've learned) who after hearing all of the above explained - asked me to hold and he would check into it. He returned and confirmed that broadband was in the area and proceeded to set me up with an account and a broadband order. He advised that a technician would be out to activate the line and then broadband could be applied to the line and account and after that, within 5 working days the broadband would be active.  So, I waited for the tech to visit, which he did (infact, it was the exact same technician who had randomly knocked on the door regarding a broadband fault in the area). He did what he needed to do, provided me with the phone number and advised that I should expect decent enough speeds as the houses around me were recieving between 2 and 4mb speeds. I then contacted Ibraham via email (he had provided me with his email address to contact him after the tech had been out) and advised him that the tech had visited and advised that the order could go ahead. He contacted me back (via email) that same day which was the 9th of October - so after waiting those 5 working days and then waiting a few more I decided to phone into Eircom and see if I could recieve an update on the order. My first attempt was routed through the Cork call centre - there I spoke to someone who was very pleasant and after I explained my call they asked me to hold and they would check into it, they are possibly still checking into it as I waited for over 10 minutes on hold and they never returned so I ended the call. My next attempt I tried to phone customer service again, this led me to the Dublin call centre, there I spoke with someone who advised me they could not help that I needed to speak to someone else that they would transfer me - I then got "bounced" to accounts, which even I knew they couldn't help me either - but they did at least try and help by placing me onto tech support - who seeing as I have no broadband to support couldn't really help either, but did transfer me to sales where after explaining my story again (quite a few times at this point!) they said they would check into it as well. Eventually they were able to advise me that there was no order placed but couldn't tell me why. At that point I tried to place an order which they said couldn't be done at that time, someone would phone me back. Today I decided that I had enough of wasting time and credit on the phone I would use the web chat service that was advertised on the waiting music that I spent so much time listening to. The first operator that I tried to speak with eventually just ended the chat service with me. I was trying to use my phone and wifi services (lack of broadband you see) and the chat program was very difficult to see what I was typing and his reply it required lots of zooming in and out and would often freeze - I advised him of the issues that I was having and requested that he bear with me due to them. I carefully explained all that I have in this email he said he would check into it - he came back with the standard answer of no broadband in the area and I was in the middle of asking why did I have a tech at my house looking for a broadband fault in an area with no broadband in it - and why did the tech confirm on both visits to my house that there was broadband in the area. In the midst of me trying to carry on the conversation he closed the chat. I then borrowed a connection and pc to use the real service online - this operator did manage to finish the conversation with me, but to no success. They too could not answer why to any of my questions. So, perhaps, with this complaint I may get some answers finally. So, firstly:

Where has the broadband in my area disappeared to? The previous tenants had broadband. There is a tech who lives and works in the area who has visited my house twice and confirmed both times that there is indeed broadband in the area. But yet, no broadband shows up for those in call centres.

So, lets pretend that there really is no broadband in the area - that leads to another issue - the salesperson who mis-sold your product. He led me to believe that he had checked into the issue and spoken wtih someone who confirmed that there was broadband in my area. I made no secret that I was not calling for ANY phone services, that the phone would not be used and I do not and will not own a handset - the order was for broadband and broadband only - he said this was no problem and did kindly offer me phone packages which I declined. So, if he (like the others) could immediately see according to your system that there is no broadband in the area - and my call was ONLY regarding broadband - why did he proceed with the order? If this is the case - I can see why he has been avoiding my emails, it must not be easy to face a customer you've decieved for commission.

So - I'm not really sure what my complaint is about, I guess that's because I have many complaints regarding the whole process. But I believe it boils down to "where does my order stand" or "I've been mis-sold your product" 

I wish to raise this issue to a manager and I will also be sending a copy of this and any future correspondence to Comreg as well because I feel that either way I have been unfairly treated or I have been mis-sold a product. I tried to make a complaint while on the live chat and apprently this could not be done via the person I was speaking with. So I advised them that I would be taking my complaint further. He provided me with a link to make a complaint so I will be sending it there. And I also found another complaint link via the eircom website and I will be making sure the same complaint is sent there as well. And Comreg will be provided with this and all other correspondence from this point forward. 

I have an account number and a phone number if needed I can PM to whoever deals with this.
    Hi Kali_Kalika

I am very sorry to see the ongoing issues you have dad, can you confirm the name on the account and the account number via PM and we can follow up directly with our customer care.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Hi Kali_Kalika

I am very sorry to see the ongoing issues you have dad, can you confirm the name on the account and the account number via PM and we can follow up directly with our customer care.

Mark
    Private message has been sent containing account number and phone number.

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

It may be a few days to look into the case in detail. However we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

It may be a few days to look into the case in detail. However we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Mark
    Sadly I've heard this before - so I wont hold my breath - but thanks none the less for trying.

Tell me this Mark - as I explained in my original post my order was for broadband and broadband only, I refused to discuss phone packages because I have no interest or want for a telephone the order was for broadband and broadband only - so - depending on the results of this if broadband isn't available I will be leaving and I wont be paying for anything because I never recieved the service that I ordered. Correct?

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

Mark
    Sadly I've heard this before - so I wont hold my breath - but thanks none the less for trying.

Tell me this Mark - as I explained in my original post my order was for broadband and broadband only, I refused to discuss phone packages because I have no interest or want for a telephone the order was for broadband and broadband only - so - depending on the results of this if broadband isn't available I will be leaving and I wont be paying for anything because I never recieved the service that I ordered. Correct?
    Hi Kali_Kalika

eircom do not offer a broadband only package. I'm afraid as the broadband is provided on the telephone line the line rental bundle package has to be applicable.

I see the telephone has not been tested for broadband as yet. I have asked for this to be done as soon as possible to at least let you know the broadband speed / packages available and if you still want to cancel we can look into that.

Mark 

• Advertisement

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

eircom do not offer a broadband only package. I'm afraid as the broadband is provided on the telephone line the line rental bundle package has to be applicable.

I see the telephone has not been tested for broadband as yet. I have asked for this to be done as soon as possible to at least let you know the broadband speed / packages available and if you still want to cancel we can look into that.

Mark 
    I'm aware that its a package deal - I'm just saying - if there is no broadband I WILL be cancelling no doubt about that. Please proceed with testing the line (this actually makes me angry that I've been told NO Broadband but yet no ones actually checked ffs) - This whole ordeal gets more and more beyond belief but at least this is now public viewing so maybe it'll be dealt with and if not I will have screen shots to provide to comreg. So you are addressing the testing the line issue to even see if broadband is possible. What about my complaints what is being done about those?

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark 
    I'm aware that its a package deal - I'm just saying - if there is no broadband I WILL be cancelling no doubt about that. Please proceed with testing the line (this actually makes me angry that I've been told NO Broadband but yet no ones actually checked ffs) - This whole ordeal gets more and more beyond belief but at least this is now public viewing so maybe it'll be dealt with and if not I will have screen shots to provide to comreg. So you are addressing the testing the line issue to even see if broadband is possible. What about my complaints what is being done about those?
    Hi Kali_Kalika

The eircom networks team got back to me and confirmed that the line is testing not capable for broadband. They check the result in more detail and advised that due to the distance between your address and the exchange (BYEA BOYLE). It is very unlikely that broadband will be available. It is possible to try an order as a best effort basis.

However as the distance is between 3-4KM given the telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight the maximum speed would be "up to 1MB".

I have sent a request to verify if the broadband was sold (advised on the initial call) to confirm if we can cease the account if you do not want to attempt the broadband with the max speeds available.

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark 
    Hi Kali_Kalika

The eircom networks team got back to me and confirmed that the line is testing not capable for broadband. They check the result in more detail and advised that due to the distance between your address and the exchange (BYEA BOYLE). It is very unlikely that broadband will be available. It is possible to try an order as a best effort basis.

However as the distance is between 3-4KM given the telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight the maximum speed would be "up to 1MB".

I have sent a request to verify if the broadband was sold (advised on the initial call) to confirm if we can cease the account if you do not want to attempt the broadband with the max speeds available.

Mark
    I would like to try to apply the broadband - worst case senario it doesn't work and because the order WAS only based on your salesmans confirmation of broadband in the area and for broadband only considering it didn't work to consider the contract void - that only seems fair after the mis-selling to me, the hassles and all that I've had to go through to get to this point. 

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    Got it thanks,

Mark

Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark 
    Hi Kali_Kalika

Mark
    I would like to try to apply the broadband - worst case senario it doesn't work and because the order WAS only based on your salesmans confirmation of broadband in the area and for broadband only considering it didn't work to consider the contract void - that only seems fair after the mis-selling to me, the hassles and all that I've had to go through to get to this point. 
    Hi Kali_Kalika

I am going to follow up on this and get back to you via PM.

Mark

Advertisement