Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailchimp Question

Options
  • 06-11-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Mailchimp question I was hoping someone could help me out with. The company I work for operates in both Ireland and the UK (we have both an Irish address and a UK address). Mailchimp recommends setting up one master list of subscribers and segregating the list after. Our customer base in Ireland will always receive a different newsletter than our customer base in the UK. If I import all of our customers' details into one list and separate them based on location, will I be able to alter our company contact details for each location? i.e. Irish newsletters will contain our Irish address, UK newsletters will contain our UK address?

Alternatively, since both locations will always receive separate newsletters, would it be better if I setup two lists - one for Ireland and one for the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well yes, been ages since i used this but you have answered both your questions..

THe master list is indeed the correct way and really the only way.

1. The list can be segregated into different lists For eg.. Irish list, Uk list
    2. Sending emails can be tailored to each List .. Eg Irish list Uk list and the contents of that email entirerly can be changed etc.. so ye you can change your address..

Yes, setting up seperate lists is the best method of doing this, once its done its done the same irish template can be used week in week out

:D Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers. All setup-2 separate lists (one for each country) and I just sent out the first email newsletter.

Thanks again.

Advertisement