Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank loan aib

Options
  • 06-11-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

im looking to get a car loan and just wondering if anyone can give me advice on this ,firstly I have no money in the bank but I have 2 k cash ...I know its not much but I am thinking if I put that amount it and a pplied for a car loan of 6 would I get it ?also if I brought 2 k and rang up a dealership and told them I have 2 k as a deposit could they sort out finance for me ..does anyone have any ideas or suggestions thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

im looking to get a car loan and just wondering if anyone can give me advice on this ,firstly I have no money in the bank but I have 2 k cash ...I know its not much but I am thinking if I put that amount it and a pplied for a car loan of 6 would I get it ?also if I brought 2 k and rang up a dealership and told them I have 2 k as a deposit could they sort out finance for me ..does anyone have any ideas or suggestions thanks

Only one who can tell you that is AIB to be honest...

But it will depend on:

- Your monthly income
    - Your outgoings
    - Any existing debts (credit cards, loans etc)
    - Your history

It's all managed centrally now too so while you can go in and chat with a staff member, they'll really just be taking the application and sending it on.

But again, anything anyone here says is speculation.. only way you'll know is to apply :)

For what it's worth though I'd take a personal loan over car finance every time myself. At least if the worst happens (unemployment, loss of income etc), you can always resell the car rather than being stuck paying for it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SJT1

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Only one who can tell you that is AIB to be honest...

But it will depend on:

- Your monthly income
    - Your outgoings
    - Any existing debts (credit cards, loans etc)
    - Your history

It's all managed centrally now too so while you can go in and chat with a staff member, they'll really just be taking the application and sending it on.

But again, anything anyone here says is speculation.. only way you'll know is to apply :)

For what it's worth though I'd take a personal loan over car finance every time myself. At least if the worst happens (unemployment, loss of income etc), you can always resell the car rather than being stuck paying for it regardless.

You can always sell the car regardless of what loan you have! You're better off organising it through a dealership as the interest rates are half the amount of personal loans from your own bank therefore half the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

well I do have a loan outstanding ,but I was thinking of walking into a dealership with a deposit ,would they perhaps accept that even tho my credit rating isn't that good

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SJT1

well I do have a loan outstanding ,but I was thinking of walking into a dealership with a deposit ,would they perhaps accept that even tho my credit rating isn't that good

The issue will be your credit rating. The dealer would love to sell you the car but if they can't get you finance then nothing they can do. All banks these days will look at the ICB to check your credit rating, if it's bad then no loan.

You can go onto www.icb.ie fill out your details, pay €6 and they will send your credit rating to you so you know where you stand

Advertisement