Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service refusing to transfer me to a supervisor!

Options
  • 06-11-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I am currently on hold with customer service. Vincent in Cork is refusing to let me speak to a supervisor advising that all supervisors and or managers are currently not there.

I have called 4 times for the last 4 months regarding my issue and have been assured an Eircom rep would call me . To which this has not happened. Vincent has refused to transfer me and has now actually hung up on me
    I am shocked to say the least that an employee would treat a customer like this.

Please contact me directly as this is  disgraceful behaviour by your staff

thanks
    Sonja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

tylerdylan wrote: »
    I am currently on hold with customer service. Vincent in Cork is refusing to let me speak to a supervisor advising that all supervisors and or managers are currently not there.

I have called 4 times for the last 4 months regarding my issue and have been assured an Eircom rep would call me . To which this has not happened. Vincent has refused to transfer me and has now actually hung up on me
    I am shocked to say the least that an employee would treat a customer like this.

thanks
    Sonja
    Usual behavior from eircom to be fair four different reps told me a supervisor was unavailable on one call alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

dinorebel wrote: »

thanks
    Sonja
    Usual behavior from eircom to be fair four different reps told me a supervisor was unavailable on one call alone.
    This chap even refused to give me his surname  said he wasn't obliged! but to actually hang up is so rude. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Just ask for the number you need to call to register a formal complaint. Then call it and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

thanks
    Sonja
    even if you do get transferred to a "supervisor" …ensure you get his/her full name (its not unheard of for people to team up and simply transfer to another customer service rep with a view to fobbing people off)….. I've been the victim of this in the past and only because I followed up with the persons name was it discovered that it was another employee faking as a supervisor and both members of the team were sacked (so I was told) …. my experience was not with Eircom though…but they could be using the same call centres …who knows.

Corkbah wrote: »

thanks
    Sonja
    even if you do get transferred to a "supervisor" …ensure you get his/her full name (its not unheard of for people to team up and simply transfer to another customer service rep with a view to fobbing people off)….. I've been the victim of this in the past and only because I followed up with the persons name was it discovered that it was another employee faking as a supervisor and both members of the team were sacked (so I was told) …. my experience was not with Eircom though…but they could be using the same call centres …who knows.
    Sure will they even give a surname? Vincent certainly wouldn't 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

thanks
    Sonja
    Sorry I cant help you but I've had similar woes with them. I too posted here out of frustration of having my time wasted on the phone - being hung up on, and being left on hold (serveral times) with no one returning (waiting 10-15+ minutes on hold!) - Went onto their own websites live chat - got closed down there on the first attempt - second attempt just as bad! Its shameful really. I've worked in quite a few call centres and based on my own experience and what you reported - if myself or anyone I worked with (also in telecoms) we would have been fired and out the door immediately - its shocking what passes for customer service these days. I've posted a rant of my own experiences (Last Resort) on this Ask Eircom forum today - doubt it will get me anywhere but it certainly lowered the blood pressure a few points just writing it to get it off my chest! Good luck (I think you'll need it!)

thanks
    Sonja
    Sorry I cant help you but I've had similar woes with them. I too posted here out of frustration of having my time wasted on the phone - being hung up on, and being left on hold (serveral times) with no one returning (waiting 10-15+ minutes on hold!) - Went onto their own websites live chat - got closed down there on the first attempt - second attempt just as bad! Its shameful really. I've worked in quite a few call centres and based on my own experience and what you reported - if myself or anyone I worked with (also in telecoms) we would have been fired and out the door immediately - its shocking what passes for customer service these days. I've posted a rant of my own experiences (Last Resort) on this Ask Eircom forum today - doubt it will get me anywhere but it certainly lowered the blood pressure a few points just writing it to get it off my chest! Good luck (I think you'll need it!)
    And they wonder why folks leave !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thanks
    Sonja
    Hi tylerdylan

I very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the support centres. If you would like to PM your details and issue we can look into that for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

thanks
    Sonja
    And they wonder why folks leave !
    The scary part is - I'm frantically trying to JOIN them! Eeeek! That surely has to tell you how bad my current broadband is that I'm begging for more hassles!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Had same issue this morning. felt like i was getting no where on the call, so asked for supervisor. turns out the supervisors are unavailable and in a meetings any time you ask for them

• Advertisement

stezie wrote: »
    Had same issue this morning. felt like i was getting no where on the call, so asked for supervisor. turns out the supervisors are unavailable and in a meetings any time you ask for them
    That must be the party line so   lol  in a meeting!

thanks
    Sonja
    Hi tylerdylan

I very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the support centres. If you would like to PM your details and issue we can look into that for you.

Mark
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭kincaid

we got our first bill today and can say we are not happy, mistakes made by Eircom but trying to make us pay for them... Spent quite a while on the phone before i even got to speak to someone, so annoying....
    I asked to be put through to the supervisor but no could do....SOMETHING VERY WRONG HERE...
    i'm very disappointed so far and this is only the beginning and Far from happy with Eircom.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

kincaid wrote: »
    we got our first bill today and can say we are not happy, mistakes made by Eircom but trying to make us pay for them... Spent quite a while on the phone before i even got to speak to someone, so annoying....
    I asked to be put through to the supervisor but no could do....SOMETHING VERY WRONG HERE...
    i'm very disappointed so far and this is only the beginning and Far from happy with Eircom.:mad:
    I have had several issues with Eircom and their totally useless support, in each case the issue was solved by registering an official complaint and then escalating the issue to comreg. Eircom seem to react very quickly when a complaint has gone to comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thanks
    Sonja
    Hi tylerdylan

Mark
    PM sent
    Hi tylerdylan

I got your PM thanks, again I apologise for the agent refusing to transfer the call to a supervisor. I have been advised the issue can be escalated as an official complaint if you would like to PM the number to do so?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

glad to see others are as happy as me with eircom, NOT. they without doubt have the worst customer service ever. They are constantly rude and hang up when they can't answer questions. Supervisors always busy or when they do come on the phone just as unhelpful as staff!! our line constantly has faults. they sent out 2 guys before to fix it which made it worst. When you pick up phone there is about a 9 second delay to get a tone now!! i will be cancelling my line its ridiculous paying for a service you don't get especially for staff who are supposed to help you are so rude when you do get through to the.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

greenpilot wrote: »
    glad to see others are as happy as me with eircom, NOT. they without doubt have the worst customer service ever. They are constantly rude and hang up when they can't answer questions. Supervisors always busy or when they do come on the phone just as unhelpful as staff!! our line constantly has faults. they sent out 2 guys before to fix it which made it worst. When you pick up phone there is about a 9 second delay to get a tone now!! i will be cancelling my line its ridiculous paying for a service you don't get especially for staff who are supposed to help you are so rude when you do get through to the.
    Hi kincaid, greenpilot and The Glass Key
    though this particular thread has highlighted difficulty in contacting our care centre and in speaking with supervisors, this is certainly not the norm. Neither is this acceptable, I have passed this information on to our support and call centre management to make them aware of all your comments...having worked within a number of centres myself, I do know that supervisors may not always be available to take calls as they are likely dealing with other calls at the time...
    This is no excuse however, just an explanation why it is often difficult to speak with a supervisor..

I can certainly take care of your query here for you, and will get you a response immediately..
    Would you mind PM'ing me your Phone or account number and I will be back to you as soon as I can.

Tony

Hi kincaid, greenpilot and The Glass Key
    though this particular thread has highlighted difficulty in contacting our care centre and in speaking with supervisors, this is certainly not the norm. Neither is this acceptable, I have passed this information on to our support and call centre management to make them aware of all your comments...having worked within a number of centres myself, I do know that supervisors may not always be available to take calls as they are likely dealing with other calls at the time...
    This is no excuse however, just an explanation why it is often difficult to speak with a supervisor..

I can certainly take care of your query here for you, and will get you a response immediately..
    Would you mind PM'ing me your Phone or account number and I will be back to you as soon as I can.

Tony

This is just not true ask to speak to a supervisor and you will get a combination of none are available/they are in a meeting/being transferred to another agent/hung up on/lied to about supervisors only being able to call you back rather than talk now(this happened today).I've had enough and am going to change to vodafone and to be honest eircom can go f... themselves as far as our new contract is concerned.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Warning issued to dinorebel for abuse in that last post. Please be mindful of how you speak to reps in this and any other Talk To forum.

Warning issued to dinorebel for abuse in that last post. Please be mindful of how you speak to reps in this and any other Talk To forum.
    Maybe eircom should get a warning for how they treat customers.

I'm sorry for swearing but the rest of the post is factual.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Do not question or talk about Mod actions on-thread; you are here long enough to know this dinorebel.

.... It gets better, I reported the fault and then I received a call at 1.45pm from an engineer who said he was calling to my house, at the wrong address. As I was working, obviously not at home. I told him i would not be able to be at home until after 5pm as I had no notice. He then told me that "It did not suit him" and that i would have to report the fault all over again in order to get my phone fixed.
    I told him that it was ridiculous that he had given no notice I asked him why I needed to report the fault again.
    His reply was "Its up to you, thats the way it works"
    I then received a text message today at 12.pm for me to ring a number to book a time for an engineer to call.......A DAY AFTER I spoke to the engineer.

Eircom, you're sense of entitlement and arrogance is outstanding. 

We are canceling our land line with you tomorrow. Skype is a wonderful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

.... It gets better, I reported the fault and then I received a call at 1.45pm from an engineer who said he was calling to my house, at the wrong address. As I was working, obviously not at home. I told him i would not be able to be at home until after 5pm as I had no notice. He then told me that "It did not suit him" and that i would have to report the fault all over again in order to get my phone fixed.
    I told him that it was ridiculous that he had given no notice I asked him why I needed to report the fault again.
    I then received a text message today at 12.pm for me to ring a number to book a time for an engineer to call.......A DAY AFTER I spoke to the engineer.

Skype still requires an Internet connection!

Stuart085 wrote: »

Skype still requires an Internet connection!
    I dont get my internet connection through eircom, Stuart. We have had wireless for the last 6 years-a technology which some folks sometimes forget about. Eircom decided not to upgrade our local exchange, so most of the community are with Westnet, a local and most excellent Company, Stuart. Wireless, Stuart...wireless. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

I dont get my internet connection through eircom, Stuart. We have had wireless for the last 6 years-a technology which some folks sometimes forget about. Eircom decided not to upgrade our local exchange, so most of the community are with Westnet, a local and most excellent Company, Stuart. Wireless, Stuart...wireless. :)

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with 1.7mb ADSL for which Eircom is the provider. There's no point me switching to another ADSL provider as it won't improve anything for me. Wish I could get wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi greenpilot

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I agree you should have been given more time to arrange things for this appointment.

Have you contacted the number advised to re-arrange this appointment?

Thanks

Al

Hi greenpilot

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I agree you should have been given more time to arrange things for this appointment.

Have you contacted the number advised to re-arrange this appointment?

Thanks

Al

No thanks Alan, we are done. Our money is too hard earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Or in my case they say they will transfer you, put you on hold and then hang up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

davo2001 wrote: »
    Or in my case they say they will transfer you, put you on hold and then hang up!
    H davo2001
    This should obviously never happen. Can you advise me when this happened, approximate day or time I can check to see if there were any reasons for this to happen.. If you PM me your details, I can look into this for you.
    Tony  

• Advertisement

Here we are again the same issue. On hold for 20 mins today and when got talking to a customer service rep he wouldn't pass me to a supervisor. Imagine. He is in the Dublin office and said not one team leader or supervisor in the building. Nor would he give me his full name and when I asked for the supervisor again he said nope and hung up. Yes folks hung up. What can I say. Imagine a company the size of eircom allowing their staff to carry on like that. Can a rep from here please give me the complaints dept contact details. This has gone on long enough. 

Advertisement