Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for small wedding reception

• 06-11-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm getting married on December 28th this year having only gotten engaged at the weekend. I'm trying to find a hotel for a small group (about 70ish) but every hotel we've rang so far is booked out. Anyone have any ideas for somewhere nice but a bit obscure that might not be booked out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Maybe try Pavillion in UL: www.pavilion.ie. I dont know how many weddings they have done, but its an idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Maybe One Pery Square - small, boutique hotel. http://oneperysquare.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

/the mustard seed

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Plus one for Mustard Seed,
    Carrygerry House (near Shannon)
    Absolute Hotel

Will try to rattle my brain for a few more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The George Boutique Hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Ok, will check them out, cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Strand have an upper floored room that can take up to 85 but likely booked for a wedding in the main room and they won't have two weddings at one time.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    The Strand have an upper floored room that can take up to 85 but likely booked for a wedding in the main room and they won't have two weddings at one time.

Rang them already. For the smaller room they would need music to end by 12.30. After that, its ipod or CD only.

Stky10 wrote: »
    Rang them already. For the smaller room they would need music to end by 12.30. After that, its ipod or CD only.

That room in The Strand is excellent though.
    Was at a 40th there about two years ago with about 90 people and there was loads of room

PM sent StKy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

What about the 3 month minimum notice to registrar? Or did you have that before ye got engaged....

angelll wrote: »
    What about the 3 month minimum notice to registrar? Or did you have that before ye got engaged....

Officially we're getting married abroad. We're only having a religious blessing for family and friends in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Carrygerry would be perfect but they close for a couple of days over Christmas so give them a buzz to see would the 28th be available. I'd be a regular in their restaurant and have never had a bad meal there. The function room is fairly small but would easily accomodate 70ish. Gillian is the person to ask for at 061 360500.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

I was thinking it was v short notice :) Would you think about aherlow house? It's just outside tipp town and less than an hr from limerick. I got married there a few weeks ago and it was fab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I know this might be a bit off topic but on the registering side of things, my sister got engaged and married within 3 months. They went to see the judge and he cracked a joke about giving them a life sentence and they ended up avoiding the 150 euro registration fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

knappogue castle might be an idea, they do private banquets. Beautiful place.

http://www.shannonheritage.com/EveningEntertainments/KnappogueCastleBanquet/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Stky10 wrote: »

What no band or dj allowed but a ipod is ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bigpink wrote: »
    What no band or dj allowed but a ipod is ok?

I'm sure the sound of a band would resonate to the bedrooms below but an iPod wouldn't be as harsh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thomond Park do weddings. Might be worth enquiring there?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 angelclar

The state need 3 month notice . even if getting married abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

The castletroy park hotel would be a good choice if they're not booked out. Congratulations OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

Try Bayview Hotel in Ballycotton, Co. Cork. Lovely Hotel!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Shannon suite in the radisson would work if its not booked. Oakwood arms in shannon has a function room thats nice, not too far away.
    Clarion hotel would have suitable size rooms, as did their closed down clarion suites (wonder would they rent a closed property for the day!).
    Actually with king johns castle recently done up, wonder can you book it for events?
    That would be an epic wedding, as long as it wasn't a red one (game of thrones reference!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Limerick Golf Club could be an option. Perfect for that amount of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rowingguy

How about PREACHERS in Doon - Just 25 mins from the city:

http://www.preachersrestaurant.com/

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I was at a similar-sized wedding in the Locke Bar, 'twas great!

Advertisement