Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering moving to Airtricity

Options
  • 06-11-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Having been with Bord Gais for gas and electric I feel its time for a move. As a well above average user of gas 17,500 KWh in the last year (average is 13,800) I see Airtricity are offering a 1 year deal of 23% saving on gas, 0% on electricity (we use 4400 KWh of Electricty, average is 5300) or 2 year deal with the second year half the savings of the first. How are they to deal with and is there any better value to be had out there? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Airtricity are grand to deal with, I've never had any issue with them and I've been with them about 4 years now across 3 different properties. Considering our usage they are the best-priced provider for our needs.

I'll second the Bonkers.ie link - it's what I use when it comes time to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I would rather die for the lack of power to my life support machine than ask Airtricity to plug me in!

But just my opinion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nothing but horror stories about airtricity customer service. Do a search - even just on boards.ie to get a flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - these types of threads often descend into horrible messes. Keep it straight, or I will lock quickly.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

This post has been deleted.

Yes it is. Whats not fair however is the clear anti Airtricity (to name just one company) that is on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I applaud the OP for actually wanting to change his service provider, this is the only way we can get or keep competition in the market, way to often nobody wants to make a switch resulting in less competition and higher prices overall.

I am with Airtricity and had some initial problems around billing with them with were sorted out very quickly when I send a very nasty e-mail to their CEO. Customer service with them can be quite strange and an unsatisfactory experience but that does not take away from lower prices. Pay peanuts get... you know the saying.

However I strongly recommend you check out bonkers.ie because while they give a great discount on the consumption the other charges (like standing charges) are higher than with the competition so you need to have a higher consumption to get an actual overall price reduction.

What I like about them is that I can pay for my consumption monthly, every month they send me an e-mail/sms reminder to submit meter reading and I only pay what I use (well they add a couple of units to the reading to cover the day between reading date and billing date but it's in line with consumption), that is how I like to pay.

What I don't like about them is the fear of needing to call them once there is a problem with my bill but as their gas/electricity is the same as with every other provider just cheaper in my case that is a risk I'm willing to pay.

Essentially, if you want customer service than you need to choose a different provider for a possible higher price, just like you do with other utilities where I fear to call Three for a problem but nothing can beat the price, if I wanted customer service I would go to another provider.

Advertisement