Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The UTV Ireland Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No gmb or lorraine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

amtc wrote: »
    No gmb or lorraine

Can understand TV3 not wanting to show GMB - it's a show that is targeted at the British market - with UK weather, news, traffic being present throughout. They're also not going to put a morning show on against their own home produced show.

When UTV Ireland started showing GMB in Feb 2015, only 2,700 people tuned in. Ireland:AM had 61,700 viewers. No figures were released since then.

I'm surprised about Lorraine, as it's more of a light entertainment, interview show, that wouldn't be as news heavy as GMB. Would rather they had this on between 10:30-11:30 instead of a repeat of Ireland:AM on be3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Gmb is on from 6....so I used watch that and then switch to Ireland Am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Well. UTV wanted more commercial revenue. What did they get? Their only official transmission into the Republic being ended.

What an almighty cluster **** on their end. The end of a station no one wanted or cared about and for a lot of people, the end of receiving ITV in this country.

I'm just staggered by all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

the end of receiving ITV in this country.

It's not. Granted if you live in an apartment you may have problems but ITV is still available to most of the country.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's not. Granted if you live in an apartment you may have problems but ITV is still available to most of the country.

I'm going to get one of these babies and cancel Sky,I only seem to watch the main ones anyway,BBCs,ITVs,CH4s & CH5s!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/humax-hdr-1100s-freesat-freetime-hd-recorder-500-gb-10127622-pdt.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I'm going to get one of these babies and cancel Sky,I only seem to watch the main ones anyway,BBCs,ITVs,CH4s & CH5s!
    Depending on how you get the Irish channels - you might need a Saorview combi box.

brian_t wrote: »
    Depending on how you get the Irish channels - you might need a Saorview combi box.

Not bothered about the Irish ones,rarely watch them and I could stand the loss of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so how does this Be3 differ from utv ireland...or is there any???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Those hoors at Virgin Media have already scrambled my UTV Ireland recordings.

A message comes up "You are not subscribed to this channel"

To be fair, the only thing I had recorded was the final News and Weather from last Friday but even so, they could have left it alone.

fryup wrote: »

It's "be3" not "Be3".

fryup wrote: »

There will be no more 'Good Morning Britain’ or ‘Lorraine’ .

Elaine Crowley has an hour long programme at mid-night.

They have given up on new episodes of The Chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder is Alison Comyn gone?

Claire Brock seems to be doing the news now.

I clearly said "for a lot of people" but you just cut it out of your quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

On a positive note, I wish TV3 the best of luck with the 3 channels. I notice where VM removed the HD version of UTVi/be from Sky platform, also they launched 3eHD on (cable) VM. Here's hoping TV3 HD will launch on saorview.

I clearly said "for a lot of people" but you just cut it out of your quote.

The point remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well. UTV wanted more commercial revenue. What did they get? Their only official transmission into the Republic being ended.

What an almighty cluster **** on their end. The end of a station no one wanted or cared about and for a lot of people, the end of receiving ITV in this country.

I'm just staggered by all this.

As I said in post #924, they had it all and we had it all.

But they still wanted more... and they lost everything as a result.

The only winners in all this are ITV plc and R*p*rt M*rd*ch.

It's "be3" not "Be3".

Technically they're "BBC One" and "BBC Two", but many people call them "BBC1" and "BBC2" anyway. Just sayin'. :o:D:);)

Elaine Crowley has an hour long programme at mid-night.

That's a repeat showing. It's actually in the afternoons on TV3. :o:D;)

And while technically it has replaced Midday, it's more an evolution of that show than anything else - all that's really different is the name and the timeslot.

As I said in post #924, they had it all and we had it all.

But they still wanted more... and they lost everything as a result.

The only winners in all this are ITV plc and R*p*rt M*rd*ch.

TV3 are the biggest winners by far. TV3's shows can no longer be watched on ITV on Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I've got a VM horizon box (formerly UPC) and 2 years ago had UTV.
    That was taken away for the cheapskate UTV Ireland and subsequently lost any football coverage that I used to enjoy.
    I cannot install a dish on my property so have no method of receiving ITV.
    Just btw, how come VM are still supplying ITV 2, 3 & 4 but refuse to let us watch ITV 1?

• Advertisement

Just btw, how come VM are still supplying ITV 2, 3 & 4 but refuse to let us watch ITV 1?

Who better to ask than Virgin Media themselves. Here is a link to their board on this site.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

The point remains.

Not really though. Only a few posts down and we have a poster who cannot install a dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

God the new be3 channel is terrible absolutely nothing on it I want to watch. At least when it was UTV Ireland there was the odd show and the news was good on it but thats even gone now. I can see them having to review it in 6 months to a year and maybe even rebrand it too as in its current form I don,t think there is going to be a lot of viewers wanting to watch be3..

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

AMKC wrote: »
    God the new be3 channel is terrible absolutely nothing on it I want to watch. At least when it was UTV Ireland there was the odd show and the news was good on it but thats even gone now. I can see them having to review it in 6 months to a year and maybe even rebrand it too as in its current form I don,t think there is going to be a lot of viewers wanting to watch be3..

I think its OK, We'll give it a chance, and I as one hopes it survives. We had enough turmoil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I think its OK, We'll give it a chance, and I as one hopes it survives. We had enough turmoil.

I hope it doesn't. I don't mean that in a bad way, but we're being really short changed by these light weight stations feeding us a diet of crap and ancient repeats and denying us access to new series of programmes many of us have been following for years. I would like to see the decision makers behind this get a loud and clear message from Irish viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

AMKC wrote: »

Have to remember that it's not meant to be a direct replacement for UTV or UTV Ireland.
    TV3/Virgin bought the rights to ITV Studios programming. UTV Ireland is shut down. The ITV Studios rights have been spread across the TV3 Groups existing channels of TV3 and 3e, and they created a third channel Be3 to more programming. They have kept on some of UTV Ireland's news team as well. Apart from GMB and Lorraine, most of what was shown on UTV Ireland is across the three channels under TV3.

They're not going to expect big ratings for this channel, so a rebrand in 6 months is not going to happen. Their main aim is getting TV3's share as high as possible - hence why most of the big shows will be on TV3.

Advertisement