If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet radio receiver

Options
  • 06-11-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Lads,
    Last year you helped me with a surround system (that works superb) so i said id give richersounds first call on the next thing im looking to buy.
    So its a christmas present for the father. He got an ipad a few months back and is always listening to the internet radio on it. So we are thinking of buying him an actual receiver for crimbo,that can hook upto the 2 speakers he has in the kitchen. The cd player and fm tuner are never used anymore so the unit is practically obsolete, but the speakers are decent. So it doesnt have to be an av receiver, although if you have any cheap ones with 2 zones let me know and we will consider.
    And one final thing, if it can be controlled by an ipad app that would be brilliant, he does everything with it now so that would go down well.
    All help appreciated,
    Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Brendan, thanks for the post.

I would suggest not going for an A/V receiver due to size etc for a kitchen and to get the second zone with app control is going to be quite expensive.

I would suggest : Marantz MCR510.

This is a brilliant streaming unit and one that offers internet radio, streaming, app control, Spotify and Airplay.

It sounds fantastic and as it's a proper stereo product, this would out perform any a/v receiver if he's only using it for music.

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1412&Results=true&keys=510

This has just come down from £369.95 to £319.95 and there is a bigger brother of this unit which won Best Music system between £400 and £800 in What Hifi. This is priced at £499.95 and features a normal radio, CD player as well as the above but more importantly, has outputs for another 2 speakers. It sounds much better than the 510 also.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-m-cr610

Totally awesome unit.

This is what I would suggest but not sure how much you like him and what the budget is !

Let me know if this is the sort of thing you are looking for.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.