Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler keeps pooing in pants

Options
  • 06-11-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Looking for advice or tips ladies (and gents)!! My 2 year old is toilet training about a month now and is great at going to the toilet for a wee. She always tells me or just runs to the bathroom herself but the poo is a completely different story. We thought she was making progress originally going in for a poo here and there but now she doesn't at all and doesn't tell us if she needs to go. We have encouraged her as much as possible and made a big deal anytime she did do a poo. Ive also tried with the stickers this week but nothing seems to be working. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not put pressure on her,she might not be ready yet then give it a few weeks and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Yes that's what we were thinking. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My 3 and a half year old still has poo accidents sometimes. It seems it's harder for her to sit on the toilet and poo than it is for her to stand up and poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I could have written your post a few weeks ago. My son got number ones no problem but he kept pooing his pants and I threw out many pairs. Then suddenly (with lots of perseverance!) he started asking to go poo and hasn't had an accident in over a month. It's such a relief when it falls into place so stick with it. He got a sticker and a stamp every time he went in the toilet and I made a big deal of how grown up he was. So keep going and your daughter will get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

This is really common. I read that it's something to with not liking the falling away sensation when they go. It is supposed to be easier to train them in a potty with an open nappy inside at first, so they don't get the "plop". Sorry this is gross but might be worth a try, better than cleaning up all the accidents. I'm sure there are experts on here who will explain it better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement