If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Finally Broken - Looking for 50-55"

Options
  • 06-11-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

TV finally broke yesterday so looking to buy now rather than wait until new year as per previous thread.

I bought a Samsung 40” 4 years ago from Richersounds (that’s still going fine – a great TV). You delivered it personally to my house and I was very happy with the service and advice so want to give you the business again.

Anyways now looking for 50-55” Smart TV, not worried about 3D but if available then fine.

You had recommended the Panasonic TXL55ET60 at €1,219 but it was slightly more than I had planned spending, but will still consider it (especially if it comes down in price) !!

Anyway, what can you recommend...?Called into Harvey Norman and they were recommending the Sony KDL50W656ASU for €999. Also had the LG 47LN575V for €739 and the Panasonic TXL50E6B FOR €1229.

Also thinking of getting a cheap blu ray with smart features for the old TV so I can access Netflix.

Hope you can help with a few suggestions, the more the better.

Finally, do you take away the old TV’s...?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TV finally broke yesterday so looking to buy now rather than wait until new year as per previous thread.

I bought a Samsung 40” 4 years ago from Richersounds (that’s still going fine – a great TV). You delivered it personally to my house and I was very happy with the service and advice so want to give you the business again.

Anyways now looking for 50-55” Smart TV, not worried about 3D but if available then fine.

You had recommended the Panasonic TXL55ET60 at €1,219 but it was slightly more than I had planned spending, but will still consider it (especially if it comes down in price) !!

Anyway, what can you recommend...?Called into Harvey Norman and they were recommending the Sony KDL50W656ASU for €999. Also had the LG 47LN575V for €739 and the Panasonic TXL50E6B FOR €1229.

Also thinking of getting a cheap blu ray with smart features for the old TV so I can access Netflix.

Hi Golden,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

There has been a price increase from the last quote on the 55ET60 it's now sitting at €1,437.80.  Still includes the free 5 year guarantee tho :)

The Pana 50E6 is well worth a look.  The 32" version got best TV under £400 in the What HiFi awards so it's a very highly rated screen.  And rightly so, fantastic picture quality and impressive feature list.  We can offer the E6 at €974.39 and we'll also include a free 5 year guarantee with that :)

For a blu-ray check out the LG BP630.  Lovely little player with wifi built in and will give you access to Netflix etc.  Current price on this is £84.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/lg/bp630/lg-bp630

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Hi Golden,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

There has been a price increase from the last quote on the 55ET60 it's now sitting at €1,437.80.  Still includes the free 5 year guarantee tho :)

The Pana 50E6 is well worth a look.  The 32" version got best TV under £400 in the What HiFi awards so it's a very highly rated screen.  And rightly so, fantastic picture quality and impressive feature list.  We can offer the E6 at €974.39 and we'll also include a free 5 year guarantee with that :)

For a blu-ray check out the LG BP630.  Lovely little player with wifi built in and will give you access to Netflix etc.  Current price on this is £84.95.  Check the link below for more info:

Chris
    Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me.

The smart blu ray is what I'm looking for so thanks for the heads up.

Can you clarify if you collect old tv's under the wee directive...?

Very disappointed to hear the 55ET60 has gone up by so much. Any chance the old price could still be given - it's only been a couple of weeks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Golden,

Chris
    Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me.

The smart blu ray is what I'm looking for so thanks for the heads up.

Can you clarify if you collect old tv's under the wee directive...?

Very disappointed to hear the 55ET60 has gone up by so much. Any chance the old price could still be given - it's only been a couple of weeks.
    GH,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Unfortunately the lowest we can go on the 55ET60 is €1399.99 - thats still an excellent price - unfortunately teh price promotion has finished and we dont have any support to reduce the price any lower ..

The other options are:

Sony KDL50W656 - not a bad TV but not in the same league as the Panasonic - priced at €919.99 with shipping at €29.99

LG 47LN575 - we do the LN570 version which is identical to the 575 except it doesnt have built in wifi - we include the official LG dongle free of charge with the LN570 ( if you were clever you would just add an ethernet over mains unit such as the TP Links and get really fast web access) - we do the 47LN570 with the dongle at just €699.99 with delivery at €19.99

Panasonic TXL50E6 - again a really beautiful TV and amazing value at €973.99 with delivery at €29.99

Have you thought about the LG 55LA790? If you could stretch towards the 55ET60 this is a great option and we can do a really agressive price on it at just £1299.95 with a really competitive euro price of €1449 with free delivery? Hava a look at it here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/55la790w/lg-55la790

No problem doing a wee collection..

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John

Re the Panasonic TXL50E6 and the 55ET60 - apart from the 3D and 5" what else do you get for the extra €400.

And with the LG 47LN570 compared to the TXL50E6 - what's the difference here apart from 3" to justify going from €699.99 to €973.99.

Also, is the LG55LA790 a better tv than the Pany 55ET60, seeing as it's €50 more expensive...?

Thanks for all the help and will make a decision soon !

Thanks John

Re the Panasonic TXL50E6 and the 55ET60 - apart from the 3D and 5" what else do you get for the extra €400.

And with the LG 47LN570 compared to the TXL50E6 - what's the difference here apart from 3" to justify going from €699.99 to €973.99.

Also, is the LG55LA790 a better tv than the Pany 55ET60, seeing as it's €50 more expensive...?

Thanks for all the help and will make a decision soon !
    where do I start!

The 50E6 has Panasonics 100Hz Motion processing whilst the ET60 has 600Hz and teh LG tops that with 800Hz!

The ET60 and the LA790 are both 3D - the E6 isn't 3D

The LA790 comes with 6 pairs of glasses in total, the ET60 with 4.

The E6 and the ET60 have 3 HDMI and 2 USB inputs - the LA790 has 4 HDMI and 3 USB inputs.

The LA790 has USB recording whilst the Pana's dont..

the E6 is slim, but the ET60 and LA790 are super slim at just 35mm deep

The LA790 has local dimming ( quite important!) and is voice activated ( not at all important!) and gesture control via magic remote.

The LA790 has a dual core processor.

The 47LN570 has a very similar spec to the 50E6 - they are both 100Hz

Of course the main price difference is due to the size and the motion processing technology - but to be honest they are all excellent TV's!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Fair play John - comprehensive.

Leave it with me and I'll get back in a couple of days.

Can you pm me the best phone number to get you on.

Fair play John - comprehensive.

Leave it with me and I'll get back in a couple of days.

Can you pm me the best phone number to get you on.
    I'm pretty much all over the place so I can be difficult to get hold of - but you can call 0044 333 900 0070 and any of the guys will look after you - select option 2 if you want to chat with the mail order guys, they are best up to speed on stock and deliveries and Boards deals,

Thanks again and keep us posted,
    ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks John

One more quick question - do you have the Pany TXL55WT50B - seems cheaper than the TXL55ET60 - €999 on your website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Golden.

Unfortunately that is a clearance model from last year and a few UK stores still have ones to clear from display etc so this is why it shows on the website.

We can't get of that model unfortunately as we do not transfer display and ex repair models between stores.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Hi apoligies for hijacking thread but what is the warranty on the LA790

• Advertisement

higster wrote: »
    Hi apoligies for hijacking thread but what is the warranty on the LA790
    Hi Higster.

No problem at all.

The 47" and 55" LA790 comes with our 5 year warranty which is a saving of £100 / £130 as our 5 year is normally 10% the cost of the product.

Any further questions please let me know.

Guys

One quick question re the 5 year guarantee.

I've seen the 50" Panasonic locally for €999 and it has a sticker with "Panasonic Free 5 year Warranty" on it.

Is this the same warranty that RS offer and if not, how do they differ...?

Hi Golden.

Our warranty is an at-home warranty.

This means that if something goes wrong, we'll send someone out to our house, they will repair the TV (if poss) or collect it, repair it and return it.

I believe the Panasonic warranty is return to base after the 1st year but I may be wrong with this. If a TV with our warranty cannot be repaired or is not economical, then we replace it with an equivalent model. It does not have to be another Panasonic model. I'm not sure what Panasonic do on their warranty in terms of replace / repair.

This may not help a lot, but I'm just unsure of the T&C's of the Panasonic warranty.

ATB

Dave

Dave

PM sent - can you call me back.

Dave

You mentioned I needed to order by 11am today to get included in the delivery for tomorrow.

I'd like to do that - can you call me please - see pm for details.

Sorted. - TV arranged for delivery tomorrow.

Instructions passed to courier as per our phone call.

Many thanks

Dave

TV arrived today - unboxing and setting up now.

Thanks for all your help.

You might give me a call and let me know when WEE collection can be done.

Hi Golden,

Hope you're enjoying it :)

Will check into WEE for you.

Chris

Hi Golden,

Chris

Hi Guys

No word since on the WEE collection - any chance it can be done before weekend - it's been a week since I ordered.

Also, the extra 3D glasses I ordered haven't arrived.

Hi Golden,

Chris

Hi Guys

No word since on the WEE collection - any chance it can be done before weekend - it's been a week since I ordered.

Hi Golden,

I sent you a PM on Saturday on this.  I need some info from you.  If you could reply to the PM we can get this sorted for you.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Golden,

Chris

Hi Guys

Hi Golden,

I sent you a PM on Saturday on this.  I need some info from you.  If you could reply to the PM we can get this sorted for you.

Chris
    Only saw the pm now - response sent.

You can call me if needed.

Hi Golden,

Chris

Hi Guys

Hi Golden,

Chris
    Only saw the pm now - response sent.

You can call me if needed.
    Hi Golden,

I believe Dave was on to you yesterday sorting this.

Again apologies about the delay.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.