Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania TV arrived with screen cracked

Options
  • 06-11-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Ordered a large screen tv with pixmania last week which arrived today through UPS.

The screen is cracked in various places :mad::mad::mad:

Who should I contact first? pixmania or UPS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Pixmania.
    It's up to them to liaise with the courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Was the box it came in damaged? If it wasn't it's unlikely it was damaged in transit, if it was it then it was probably UPS' at fault.
    (if the box was damaged of course the question arises why did you sign for it?)

Either way I'd go to pixmania first, give them all the details and let them deal with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Did you check it when it arrived; if not you might have an issue. They could easily argue it was you that created the cracks when taking it out of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

Thanks for the replys. box was in perfect cond. when arrived. ive emailed pixmania and will update further

• Advertisement

update:

"Dear Mr ........
    Thank you for contacting Pixmania regarding your order number .............

I regret to hear that your product arrived damaged. In order to raise the claim with the courier and have this case resolved, please kindly provide me with the pictures of the product and the packaging as well. Also, please advise me whether you would like to have your item exchanged or refunded.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards"

hmmm a replacement would be ideal since its considerably cheaper from them than retail over here but im terrified of it happening again. what to do what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Intox wrote: »
    update:

"Dear Mr ........
    Thank you for contacting Pixmania regarding your order number .............

I regret to hear that your product arrived damaged. In order to raise the claim with the courier and have this case resolved, please kindly provide me with the pictures of the product and the packaging as well. Also, please advise me whether you would like to have your item exchanged or refunded.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards"

hmmm a replacement would be ideal since its considerably cheaper from them than retail over here but im terrified of it happening again. what to do what to do

I'd go with replacement. probably take a lot longer to get the refund outta them.

On a different note I'm intrigued how managed to post your update before you created the thread :) GREAT SCOTT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Did you check it when it arrived; if not you might have an issue. They could easily argue it was you that created the cracks when taking it out of the box.

I don't buy this crap about checking stuff when it arrives by courier. For a start the courier wont wait while you check it and secondly he certainly wont take it back with him if it's damaged because he only gets paid to deliver it.
    Do you think that if you did check it and it looked ok but then found that it didn't work, that the company might blame you for not plugging it in while the courier stood around for 20 mins while you got it set up. It's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Checking the item at the door before signing is unrealistic. If the box was in bits at the door then yes, certainly check it.

Your beef is with Pixmania who will take it up with the courier as they contracted the courier and paid them with your money to deliver the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

the courier will not leave before he gets a signature, with a big ticket item like a television you should really check that at least the screen is not broken before you sign the docket, i got a 55 inch tv from pixmania last year and the courier driver was fine when i told him i had to check it first before i signed for it. luckily the screen was in perfect condition so i signed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

At a guess losing his or her job?

update:

so last Thursday I sent the pictures off to pixmania support who told me an investigation would be under way that could take up to 5 working days.

I have had no further correspondence from pixmania about the matter but I received an email this morning from UPS only...

"UPS Returns Label Delivery

This notice tells you that a UPS shipper has sent you an electronic label.

You can print and use this label to include in your outbound shipment, or send it to the consignee. The label will be available for 30 days.

Message from CENTRE DE RETOUR FOTOVISTA:
    Mail de retour UPS

Note: When retrieving your label below, we will provide you with both a UPS Returns Label and Commercial Invoice if the invoice was prepared by the original shipper"

it all seems a bit vague and i dont want to be sending anything off without and update from pixmania on what is happening at the moment. I dont know if they have accepted an exchange or want to get the TV back for inspection

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

They wont send a new one until they get the other one back. Go ahead and send it back I say. You have all the paper work to prove it's gone back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Javan

I had an almost identical problem with pixmania a few years ago.
    I ordered a TV from them, and it arrived with a badly cracked screen.

They tried to get me to arrange (and pay for) the return before they would even consider talking about a replacement or refund.

I just stood my ground with them, and told them in no uncertain terms that it was their problem to solve. They could arrange a courier to arrive at my place to pick up the damaged screen at a time that suited me. After a few weeks and a threat lodging a case with the small claims court they relented.

I'd never deal with them again, and would advise anyone to avoid. Their service is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

emeldc wrote: »
    I don't buy this crap about checking stuff when it arrives by courier. For a start the courier wont wait while you check it and secondly he certainly wont take it back with him if it's damaged because he only gets paid to deliver it.
    Do you think that if you did check it and it looked ok but then found that it didn't work, that the company might blame you for not plugging it in while the courier stood around for 20 mins while you got it set up. It's nonsense.

That's why I always sign and put in block caps 'Not Yet Checked'.

Funnily enough a UPS courier just arrived without notice but I couldnt give him the package as I only got the email today and havnt printed off the return electronic tag in time

Update:

I'm in shock, they have a replacement already in transit

Advertisement