Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want my Mortgage overpayment or not?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm on a tracker mortgage with BOI.  I've been getting letters from BOI about paying extra and clearing it sooner and as I'm in a position to do this I thought I'd take you up on it.  I want to make extra regular payment and not a lump sum.

I filled in the little form that came with the letters and sent it off.  The beginning of the month came and nothing changed and the same amout came off my account and no overpayment.

I looked on the BOI website and it says that I can do this via my 365online account by sending a message.  I did this and today I got back a message to say to fill in the form and send it off!  Needless to say, I already did this.

What else can I do?  Do you want the extra money or not?  I assume BOI are losing money on my mortgage as I'm on a tracker yet you make it so hard to make a simple request.

How do I increase the payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi RosAB

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you have submitted the query through our Online Service Desk on www.365online.com we do apologise for the reply you have received.

As your request can be actioned through this channel, could we ask you to submit your query again and please input 'Boards.ie' in the subject line? We'll ensure this will be passed directly to our Mortgage Admin Team to be dealt with effectively.

Apologies again for the response you received. Thank you for taking the time to advise us here on Boards.

Thanks
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RosAB

Hi RosAB

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you have submitted the query through our Online Service Desk on www.365online.com we do apologise for the reply you have received.

As your request can be actioned through this channel, could we ask you to submit your query again and please input 'Boards.ie' in the subject line? We'll ensure this will be passed directly to our Mortgage Admin Team to be dealt with effectively.

Apologies again for the response you received. Thank you for taking the time to advise us here on Boards.

Thanks
    Alison 
    Hi Alison,

I've just sent the request again with Boards.ie in the subject line.

I'll be back onto you here again if the the next response I get is no more satisfactory than my first one.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi RosAB

Thank you for resubmitting your request.

This has been sent to the Mortgage Admin Team. They will be in contact with you shortly.

There should be no further issues with your request. 

If you require assistance with any banking queries, please do not hesitate to contact us here. 

Thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi RosAB,

You may be better off setting up your mortgage account in Banking 365 and just paying any extra cash into it yourself.  The problem with increasing the DD is BOI will have you jumping through hoops if you need to reduce it and it gives you no control if your are short of cash for a month or two etc.

Previously there was a serious limitation within BOI's systems which stopped them allowing payments directly into mortgage accounts, but I have been lead to believe they fixed or more than lightly created a workaround!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Thanks Tow, you are correct, customers can now pay their mortgage account using Banking 365.

If you wish to register your mortgage account as a payee please do the following:
    • Select “Money Transfer” on the left hand navigation bar
    • Then “Add a payee"
    • Choose the type of payee - please select “bill”
    • Choose the option for how you would like to receive your activation code
    • On the drop down for Bill name, please select BOI Mortgage
    • Under bill reference, please input your mortgage account number 

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement