Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gallagher Smart Fence

• 06-11-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Someone recently posted a link for good value Gallagher Smart fence, off course cant find it now. Does anyone have it handy or recommend somewhere to buy it, also is it better than netting?

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Agrigigant or something, in Germany. Cost about €200 each inc delivery. Google will find them, just doing the dinner now so can't go searching.

I think you need Google Translate for their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

3 strands of polywire and few plastic stakes works great for me and 1/2 or 1/3 of the price ;);)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭razor8

was an agent at the athenry sheep open day that was selling them, cant for the life of me remember a name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

razor8 wrote: »
    was an agent at the athenry sheep open day that was selling them, cant for the life of me remember a name

Saw them at the ploughing 2 years ago. I think the guy said they were available from Gallagher in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cran

Agrigigant or something, in Germany. Cost about €200 each inc delivery. Google will find them, just doing the dinner now so can't go searching.

I think you need Google Translate for their website.

Thanks a million got my bilingual OH to order for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

saw it in my local hardware shop for 180 for 100 metre. Thought it brilliant idea but dear. Talked to Gallager at the ploughing, they said €240 ploughing day special price. That sealed it for me. Thieving shower of ......!

As someone else said 3 /4 strands of polywire and plastic stakes are the way to go. Not as easy to move around but if you made a couple of them you wouldnt need to move them around too much.
    I have 2 fences set up this way and find them very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cuff92

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but does anywhere in Ireland stock these now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

cuff92 wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting an old post but does anywhere in Ireland stock these now?

I thought the fencing at this years sheep conference was innovative and cheap, you'd make them cheaper than 200+
    Go through the photos on the journal

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/irelands-sheep-sector-set-for-shake-up-iga-conference-276773

rangler1 wrote: »
    I thought the fencing at this years sheep conference was innovative and cheap, you'd make them cheaper than 200+
    Go through the photos on the journal

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/irelands-sheep-sector-set-for-shake-up-iga-conference-276773
    Yeah that looks like a good job really and fast. Have to get the thinking hat on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭gazahayes

cuff92 wrote: »
    Yeah that looks like a good job really and fast. Have to get the thinking hat on :)

Made one here last night cost about 165 for reels and tape

gazahayes wrote: »
    Made one here last night cost about 165 for reels and tape.

Looks the part. Would be easy make that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

And add in posts!

How do yo reel it up

How do yo reel it up

Not too sure whether to attach something to wind the 3 or just one at a time.

Not too sure whether to attach something to wind the 3 or just one at a time.

Ah ya. It looks good anyway. Where did u get the reels.

Ah ya. It looks good anyway. Where did u get the reels.

Got them in euro farm KilKenny wouldn't be as strong as Gallagher ones but it's just to see how these work first. Bought posts from forcefield at the ploughing look strong.

Advertisement