Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped out of college

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Right guys so a few years ago I decided to drop out of college.

Basically I got (really) lazy after the Christmas semester and found myself missing important labs/tests/assignments. I just wasn't motivated at all to stay in the course. I went in for the end of year exams but I wasn't even close to passing. I think that I failed over half of the modules.

I guess I just got carried away with the college social scene and girls (as ye do at 19)

I guess I have learned a great deal from my time in college. What really upset me was seeing everybody's graduation pictures on facebook.

I regret my decision now and I really wish that I stuck with it. Looking back on it now I could have graduated in 2010

Anyone have any similar regrets?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Rick Rod

McIrish_ wrote: »
    Right guys so a few years ago I decided to drop out of college.

Basically I got (really) lazy after the Christmas semester and found myself missing important labs/tests/assignments. I just wasn't motivated at all to stay in the course. I went in for the end of year exams but I wasn't even close to passing. I think that I failed over half of the modules.

I guess I just got carried away with the college social scene and girls (as ye do at 19)

I guess I have learned a great deal from my time in college. What really upset me was seeing everybody's graduation pictures on facebook.

I regret my decision now and I really wish that I stuck with it. Looking back on it now I could have graduated in 2010

Anyone have any similar regrets?

Only that I could have got a 1.1 if I worked harder I suppose. Better prospects and dosh with a 1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Forget about what you could do and focus on what you can do.

I am one of those that believe in a gap between Leaving Cert and 3rd level. The schools push 3rd level too much IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I regret not dropping out the first time. I knew in my heart it wasnt right for me but I didnt want to be "a dropout". Now, i think its brave to put your hands up and admit, "this is not for me". I consider it a waste of four years of my life. So, maybe the right course is waiting for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

Its never too late, you are very young still. I had a classmate in college who was 73 in first year. Why not go back now if you found the right course and you wanted to?

Advertisement