Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Piercing questions for a newbie to piercing

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I like to do my research before committing to anything like this.

I'm thinking of getting a piercing. I saw one that I don't know the name off. Its an industrial across the top that picks up the bit in the middle too. Does anyone know anything about it?

I'm also thinking a single nipple one. Are either of these a bad idea for a first piercing?
    Are they difficult to look after?
    Could I get both at the same time?
    Roughly (And I know it varies by studio) the cost range for them.

Finally, would either look bad on a bloke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I should be able to answer these :3

Industrials can be custom-bent to go through several points in your ear. There should be no problem having one that goes where you want, or at least close to it. That'd be a custom project though, so maybe a tad more expensive. A normal industrial is around 40 euro, ish? So you're looking at 50, probably, maybe more if you go to an expensive studio.

Ear cartilage piercings are actually pretty awkward, you should know that you absolutely can't touch it with your hands and will need to clean it at least once a day for a few weeks, and it could be sore for anything up to a year afterwards. It'll be totally worth it in the end though, especially if it's a cool custom project. You just gotta be ready to commit to it.

Nipple is fine, and is actually pretty easy. You don't tend to touch them as much cuz they're under your shirt, so they heal pretty fine. You'll have crusties for a few months, but nothing the odd clean won't displace. You're looking around 30/40 here again, unless you go to an expensive studio.

You could easily get both at the same time, but it depends on how much you wanna push your immune system. The piercer may recommend that you get them a few weeks apart, and if so, then follow their advice. Four piercings in one sitting would suck, but is possible.

As for whether they'd look good on a guy, that's your call. if you want them, just get them. Can't please everyone in life, and in my experience, you get more respect from just doing your own thing. It's your body, not anyone else's.

As for studio, are you in Dublin? if so, I'd thoroughly recommend Patric at Zulu (near Jervis). He's reasonably priced and has done well on all of my fun projects.
    Other options are Snakebite (Abbey street) and Wildcat (Stephen's Green SC and Jervis street).

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Thanks.

Not as bad cost wise as I was initially thinking.
    So it could be a long healing time for it? I'll give it more thought then, before I commit to anything.

I did ask the price a while back for a nipple piercing at my local studio, and it was a bit more than that, I think they said about 70.

I'd always take their advice, I just didn't want to look stupid asking them about it. Plus it lets me know for the finances.

That pretty much answers that, I have my reasons, but I didn't want to leave myself too open to slagging. I do know I will get some, but I can handle some.

Nah, I'm pretty much as far away as you can get from Dublin, I'm in Donegal. But there is a chance I might be going to Dublin in the new year so I might be able to get one of them done down there. I've seen your pics on here so I'll definitely give them a shout if I am going down that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

70 for one nipple?? where the **** is charging that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Arawn wrote: »
    70 for one nipple?? where the **** is charging that
    I'm not going to say, because it was a while ago so I might be wrong. There is a chance that price was for both.
    Thats just what was in my head, but I can easily be wrong.

it has to be for both, if any place charges 70 for one they are taking the mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

kiddums wrote: »
    Nah, I'm pretty much as far away as you can get from Dublin, I'm in Donegal. But there is a chance I might be going to Dublin in the new year so I might be able to get one of them done down there. I've seen your pics on here so I'll definitely give them a shout if I am going down that way.

As luck would have it, I'm actually vaguely familiar with the piercers about that area, and I'd advise running away from them as fast as you can :P

As luck would have it, I'm actually vaguely familiar with the piercers about that area, and I'd advise running away from them as fast as you can :P

Liv that was in xtreme was pretty good to be fair, though she moved

Advertisement