Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mater Hospital - endocrinology appointment

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello world!
    I am writing to you in despair as I am not sure how does the medical system in Ireland work.
    It's been almost two months since I visited Mater Hospital and gave them the GP letter together with my blood test results (worried sick about the results as I am not on any treatment and I should be - thyroid related).
    My TPOAb were over 1300 and I feel like fainting all day long. It is really bad as I can't concentrate, I can't drive, I barely can walk myself around.
    Is there anything I can do to receive that outpatient appointment letter by post this year? It will probably last another 6 months till my actual appointment time but at least I know that I have something to hold on to.
    I called them and the lady who answered said I am not in the system yet. Does this mean that no one red my results after 6 weeks of waiting time? How are the consultants prioritizing their appointments if nobody wrote down my name on the file after 6 weeks?
    Please advise me if there is anything I can do to get a diagnostic and hopefully a treatment before it will be too late as my situation will only get worse without the proper medical help.
    Regards,
    Oana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sorry, we can't discuss personal medication situations on this forum.

You need to have another chat with your GP be in a better chance to advise you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement