Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Private Health Insurance affordable without substantial financial backup?.

Options
  • 06-11-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have cover for the last ten years or so, I had reason to use it for the first time ever recently, having to pay €200 for the consultant visit [getting only 50 back next year on my renewal date] then needing a small procedure, I was covered for the full amount. I'm getting on a bit and if I need to see another consultant and am required to pay out another 200 it will just not be possible, also if it comes to pass that I need treatment outside of the consultants 'rooms' I will have to pay an excess of 125, and some procedures are not covered by my plan at all needing me to find another 220, the point of my post is that unless someone who can just about afford a monthly direct debit of 90 - 100 leaving no spare funds for savings in order to pay these excesses, private health is just not affordable. The companies suggest dropping to a lower plan, but that just meant one needs more to pay out when healthcare is needed. Am I making any sense? Would be interested in people's thoughts on this.

Advertisement