Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BvB v Arsenal RTE 2 from 7.30 pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

FearDark wrote: »
    RTE.

An absolute joke tbh. Hamilton and Whelan are so anti-Arsenal it makes Phil Thompson look like an Arsenal season ticket holder. They don't have one positive thing to say about Arsenal.

Funny thing about it George is actually an Arsenal fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

RTE.

An absolute joke tbh. Hamilton and Whelan are so anti-Arsenal it makes Phil Thompson look like an Arsenal season ticket holder. They don't have one positive thing to say about Arsenal.

You'd swear they're playing Wigan at home. It's the European finalists. Many teams will come out of this ground, with their rear ends handed right to them. At times they tore Madrid apart last year. Poor aul City barely got a sniff.

Whelan must be the most negative person on the planet? If he won the euromillions, he'd give out he didn't win more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Said it earlier we are missing Walcott big time. His pace would stretch there defence deeper and give us more space in the middle.

Rosicky was the only player to try and run at them and that brought a foul.
    We need to do more of that. Ozil and Cazorla are capable but very quiet.
    Bet Rosicky will be the first player taken off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Late goal for us on the counter. Give them a taste of their own medicine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus glad I'm watching on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

We have created nothing at all. Not a shot on goal as yet.
    Dangerous tactic playing for a draw.

If you look at the last time we played them they only had 3 shots on target, we had only 2. That's pretty much what I would expect from this game too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Must have slipped old Ronnies mind that Giroud also scored in the first game betweeen Dortmund and Arsenal.

I'd be sure if it was Barca or Madrid they'd be saying how well Arsenal are doing to hold on

Just because Dortmund haven't been a force consistently over the last decade, doesn't take from the fact they're the second best team in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

RTE.

Hamilton was very complementary about Arsenal at times earlier. He's being very honest about how difficult they are finding it in today's game.

I have no problems with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Richie Rich!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Late goal for us on the counter. Give them a taste of their own medicine

so let it be written, so let it be done!

farna_boy wrote: »
    If you look at the last time we played them they only had 3 shots on target, we had only 2. That's pretty much what I would expect from this game too.

Agree but we are not taking them on at the back. We need to.
    A free kick could be the difference here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Please do. Won't change his mind from moving to Bayern though, unfortunately :rolleyes:

We've been alright, nothing great.

Nuri-obviously not your real name, I would like to say that you are very good poster and you make a lot of sense but I don't understand the bolded above- are you a Liverpool or an Arsenal fan or funnily both?

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Nuri-obviously not your real name, I would like to say that you are very good poster and you make a lot of sense but I don't understand the bolded above- are you a Liverpool or an Arsenal fan or funnily both?

Dortmund.

Lucky you, I'd pay a full monthly subscription just to watch this second half on it :DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Here we go !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Giroud hasnt been great in fairness. A few poor touches and gave the ball away a bit.

Arsenal havent been direct enough. Need to get people around Giroud and get good ball up to him quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nuri-obviously not your real name

Yes it is. He changed it legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gandalf wrote: »
    This would have been an ideal game for Walcott. We need something different up front. We can't pass through these guys like we would normally do. Dortmund's defence has been excellent. I'm really impressed at the strength of their team and it cohesiveness and the understanding between their players.

We're lucky to be still on level terms with them. That said some of our play outside their final third has been good we are just lacking options up front to threaten them. Giroud is not having a great game but Ozil is not playing well at all imho.

But we are still in this and we have the talent to win this if some of our players play to the level they are capable of.

Thing is, whenever either of them get the ball there is instantly 3 players around them.
    Funny thing about it George is actually an Arsenal fan

I have noticed that about most ex players and fans of teams other than Liverpool that are pundits/commentators, they try to be neutral but usually are overally critical of their own team. If Liverpool were playing and Ronnie was commentating I would fully expect him to refer to Liverpool as "we".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

he is the ultimate cool dude (like Zaphod Beeblebrox) - Liverpool and Dortmund.

Gibbs looks very nervous tonight.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm talking about BVB.

Also, what Oatsey said is correct :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Dortmund.

Cheers!

I have always wondered how someone that intelligent could be a Pool fan- smart man Nuri to have a proper team as back up.

Apologies in advance if you feel offended.

Good start to the half from Dortmund. Need some sustained pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jaysus ozil has been poison.

• Advertisement

wtf ref

Referee has to be taking the piss.

How the hell was that a foul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ref is such a homer it's unreal.

Decent save from Reus header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Save

Dortmund are so physically fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sweet jesus dortmund are blistering on the counter, left arteta for dead there.

Really lucky to be level.

I think we will score on the break very soon.
    They are getting cocky.

Think that is the 6th time Giroud has lost it needlessly.

It's not his game tonight. I say Arsenal would be better off putting a midfielder up top so we can keep the ball a bit more.

Hopefully we'll come good and Giroud gets an opportunity or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If we can hold on through this spell we will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Arteta wont last the game

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Need to hook Tet at this rate.

Really don't want to see Arsenal beaten but i'd love to see Dortmund winning the CL at some stage.

• Advertisement

We're like a boxer on the ropes at the moment. Sweet Jesus Dortmund can't keep this up for the whole half. Arteta is on borrowed time as well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger needs to show he's changed here and take Arteta off before he is sent off, it's coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Can't see anything but a dortmund goal here

Also arteta needs to be taken off soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Need to hook Tet at this rate.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Wenger needs to show he's changed here and take Arteta off before he is sent off, it's coming

I do agree but for who? That's the problem with Wilshere and Flamini out he hasn't got many options to fill that role.

Dortmund lull followed by a goal soon?

Maybe try Vermaelen in the dm slot. Arteta wont last another foul.

Take Arteta off put Ramsey in his position and bring on Gnabry to change the threat a bit and ensure we don't go down to ten men!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I do agree but for who? That's the problem with Wilshere and Flamini out he hasn't got many options to fill that role.

At this point Verm or Monreal he is no use now in the defensive role he knows he can't tackle

Rosickys kicking foot was hooked and ref plays on :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The problem with Giroud is being highlighted perfectly tonight.

Advertisement