Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BvB v Arsenal RTE 2 from 7.30 pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I don't blame them.

Me neither, but what do you expect? Ozil part of it, and he was born in Gelsenkirchen...

And I'm not giving any comment of the ref and not given penos, because it would clearly be against the charter of good bevaviour.

But, we would still win the head-to-head, thanks to the away goal rule :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Brilliant result absolutely delighted that's now 6 points from 6 in our triple header of tough games next up United.

Two very evenly matched teams I must say both games could have gone either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

If Napoli beat arsenal at home and Dortmund beat Napoli at home...arsenal could still go out on 12 points!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Switching to RTE now for the laugh at the "experts".

giving out about the lewandowski pen claim, saying nothing about the assault on Kos.

Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mert, Kos and Rosicky were tremendous for Arsenal tonight I thought.

• Advertisement

If Napoli beat arsenal at home and Dortmund beat Napoli at home...arsenal could still go out on 12 points!!

that would be a dream come true for a spud like you - but it's not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Superb win by Arsenal. Their workrate in the last 15 was so admirable. Little things like cutting off backpasses forced Dortmund to give away sloppy possesion.

Arsneal are a different animal this year no doubt about it in my mind. Have they now mastered winning ugly- a classic trait of (dare I say the word) champions???

This could well be Arsenal's best week in many, many a while. CL qualiication well on, while they can become PL faves on sun IMO with a win at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

would not rule that out even if looks unlikely

crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't care about Arsenal or Spurs really(Newcastle fan), but your bitterness astounds me.

Special mention to Rosicky- his workrate was immense

Mertesacker was huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

bad2dabone wrote: »
    that would be a dream come true for a spud like you - but it's not gonna happen.

It could easily tbf. Napoli won't be an easy task away, so if they lose that, and Dortmund beat Napoli at home and Marseille away, then Arsenal could be going out on 12 points

Tbh I think Arsenal will get at least a pt v Napoli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jesus rte are a joke, dortmund played about 15 mins of great football in the second half, arsenal played the better in the 1st leg.

That must be the head-to-head rule.

And should it happen, I think, it would put a big smile on my face :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hi Berba.

I actually am sick of Giles and dumphy at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nicked it but we've surely beaten a good team now?

titan18 wrote: »
    It could easily tbf. Napoli won't be an easy task away, so if they lose that, and Dortmund beat Napoli at home and Marseille away, then Arsenal could be going out on 12 points

****, you're right.

still.

not gonna happen........ :D

right?? right?

cson wrote: »
    Nicked it but we've surely beaten a good team now?

Na Arsenal have beaten nothing yet!

Bar of course Liverpool, Spurs, Napoli and now the European runners up away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have a growing dislike for Lewandowski after these 2 ties, elbowed Kosc in the first game and spent the entire night falling over tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm starting to wonder if Ozil is a big game player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go to Germany, win in Germany! BOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Lars1916 wrote: »

Yes will go down to head to head records.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    ****, you're right.

still.

not gonna happen........ :D

right?? right?

I don't think so, but if I were an Arsenal fan I'd happily go out of Europe in group if it meant a huge lash at the title

Granted both is obviously better ;)

Redknapp actually talking sense saying arsenal made them look ordinary and great defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The difference between a metal band and an orchestra: the metal band might play louder, but the crescendo of the orchestra will always have the greatest impact.

Very good result for Arsenal. Roll on United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sky are singing our praises :), never mind RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The difference between a metal band and an orchestra: the metal band might play louder, but the crescendo of the orchestra will always have the greatest impact.

maybe steer clear of analogies for a while :P

• Advertisement

I'm just waiting to hear something like "Dortmund are always bottlers Bill", from Dunphy!

Redknapp actually talking sense saying arsenal made them look ordinary and great defending.

He's a rare beast - a non-bitter Spud.

AdamD wrote: »
    Have a growing dislike for Lewandowski after these 2 ties, elbowed Kosc in the first game and spent the entire night falling over tonight.

The blatant attempt to win a peno/have Arteta sent off (who was lucky btw) left a bit of a sour taste alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dude give Dying Fetus a listen :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Look ordinary? If he's talking after the goal. Fair enough. If he's talking before that, he's wrong.

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Mertesacker was huge

At 6'6" he is alright!

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Look ordinary? If he's talking after the goal. Fair enough. If he's talking before that, he's wrong.

They had a great 15 minute period but ultimately didn't score.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just had my mate say "shur ye haven't beaten anyone decent yet" ... Jesus.

At some point someone has to start giving us credit.
    He's a Spurs supporter by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Welcome to the club :(

Awful time wasting by Arsenal, imo

Unlike the game in London where Dortmund played to the very end. Oh wait...

Quote of the night for me from George Hamlliton was: "there is some wet rain falling now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

So the goal difference in the league between Dortmund arsenal and Napoli is,
    Arsenal +2 after 3 games
    Dortmund-1 after 3 games
    Napoli-1 after 2 games

As long as arsenal don't lose by 2 in Napoli and beat marseille they should be through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

4/1 :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Dude give Dying Fetus a listen :pac:

Prostitute Disfigurement are much better :pac:

Arsenal +2 after 3 games
    Dortmund-1 after 3 games
    Napoli-1 after 2 games

As long as arsenal don't lose by 2 in Napoli and beat marseille they should be through?

Assuming Arsenal best Marseilles:
    If Dortmund don't beat Napoli then Arsenal are through.
    If Dortmund beat Napoli Napoli would have to beat Arsenal by at least 3 goals, more if Dortmund slap them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Arsenal +2 after 3 games
    Dortmund-1 after 3 games
    Napoli-1 after 2 games

Goal difference only comes into play after the results against each other are taken into account. If the top 3 finish on the same points then the results and goals against Marseille are taken out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That's the worst case scenario though. Arsenal should be well capable of getting at least a point there, they struggled against Marseille tonight ffs.

If we can do the job against Marseille in the next game, I think we're through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will take me ages to settle down tonight.
    Will be going over the whole game in my mind. Always do.
    I'll be clearing balls in my sleep too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Fecking Mert is great. That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

jester77 wrote: »
    Goal difference only comes into play after the results against each other are taken into account. If the top 3 finish on the same points then the results and goals against Marseille are taken out.

Yeah I know. This was assuming that they all finished on 12 points. That's only the results between the three teams.

Thanks button

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I forgot I threw a score on the 4/1. Fukin deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The goal completely transformed the game We were being battered but then we really were able to take control as they began to panic. Heroic performance This is a very different Arsenal to what we've been used to over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    The goal completely transformed the game We were being battered but then we really were able to take control as they began to panic. Heroic performance This is a very different Arsenal to what we've been used to over the last few years.

We also had 51% possession in the match according to the BBC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement