Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YTX14-BS Motorcycle battery

• 06-11-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get one of these?

Seems to be the dearer type of battery.

Have checked everywhere and they are around 90 euro.

Loads on amazon but its near impossible to get them shipped to Ireland.

I don't mind if its cheap, just something that works!

I tried BatteryWorld.ie but they only the the 7A version.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You could get a cheaper alternative CTX14-BS

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its a sealed gel battery and they are usually more expensive than the lead acid type. Very hard to get shipped alright. Even some of our suppliers in the uk have stopped selling them because of shipping problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Motorcycleshop.ie have them for €69 for a yuasa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Give your local shops a chance before resorting to tax-dodging Amazon!
    My local shop (Lee, Cork) has a Yuasu one for 73€.

A battery via mail order can be problematic with the electrolyte separately packaged. I know someone who wasn't supplied enough to fill the battery.

I think it's worth paying the extra if possible for a sealed battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Give your local shops a chance before resorting to tax-dodging Amazon!
    My local shop (Lee, Cork) has a Yuasu one for 73€.

A battery via mail order can be problematic with the electrolyte separately packaged. I know someone who wasn't supplied enough to fill the battery.

I think it's worth paying the extra if possible for a sealed battery.

Motorcycleshop.ie is Lee, Cork. They put the electrolyte in and charged a yuasa I got last week. No problem with delivery to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try Matt Keane on biker.ie, he does them at a great price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Thanks for the replies.

Just a quick question, it's for a Hyosung GT125R. Is that the only battery thats compatible with it or are there other types?

I noticed there is another one, the YTX7A-BS but it's only 6Ah, where as the recommended is 12Ah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

dont go below the recommended Ah rating, unless you're looking to lose some weight from all the push starting ye'll be doing

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A YTX14BS measures 150x88x146 12 Ah
    A YTX7ABS measures 150x88x90 6Ah
    So it would fit, but the Ah is, as mentioned, much lower than the recommended battery. It would be a total false economy as it just wont last. If you are thinking of putting a different battery in, the size and terminal arrangement usually restrict what you can do, bikes have very little room in the battery box, so youre usually stuck with the one type of battery. In any case youd save very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would recommend a Motobatt battery, these come precharged and are a very good battery.
    MBTX12U is the one to replace the YTX14-BS
    They are widely available here at good prices.

• Advertisement

Yeah was in with my local garage today and he said stay up at the 12Ah or it will just be a nightmare.

Got one off him anyways :P Cheers for the replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's the exact same battery type as my 955 Triumph has. Massive overkill for a 125, but not really large enough for a litre bike with dual headlamps (a killer in town), heated grips, etc. :(

My battery is a few years old and it probably won't see out this winter, best price I could find was 69 euro (with free delivery) on motorcycleshop.ie, which is a good price for a Yuasa maintenance free battery.

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    That's the exact same battery type as my 955 Triumph has. Massive overkill for a 125, but not really large enough for a litre bike with dual headlamps (a killer in town), heated grips, etc. :(

My battery is a few years old and it probably won't see out this winter, best price I could find was 69 euro (with free delivery) on motorcycleshop.ie, which is a good price for a Yuasa maintenance free battery.

Yeah its odd alright, I doubt the twin cylinders would have anything to do with it?

I got one off my local motorbike garage for 65 euro anyways :) Always good to shop local I suppose!

Advertisement