Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooker switch

Options
  • 06-11-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

I was just about to cook some eggs when I noticed the switch saw smoking. I have unscrewed the switch and a thick brown wire has started to burn and through the switch.

Is this a big job to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

no ..small job

you'll need an electrician to replace the switch

and repair the damage to brown cable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

How much would it cost to repair

60 i guess if you don't have any sparkie friends?

get a good quality replacement switch fitted

60 i guess if you don't have any sparkie friends?

get a good quality replacement switch fitted

I have a cousin that is one. Don't have his number though. He works for a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

i replaced mine and i'm no electrician, think about e6 for the switch. knock the trip off and tighten the screws that hold the wire well tight

• Advertisement

enricoh wrote: »
    i replaced mine and i'm no electrician, think about e6 for the switch. knock the trip off and tighten the screws that hold the wire well tight

he's got some damage to cable..a little tricky for diy

6euro switch not a great idea

Look like it could be a big job. Wires look like they are built into the wall. There is no movement in them at all. Landlord is getting a guy up the road to have a look

Advertisement