Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike to Car Insurance Question

Options
  • 06-11-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I crashed my motorbike today into a car. It was my fault and the damage is too great for me to pay for the damages myself so my no-claims will be gone. I'm wondering whether or not this will affect me getting car insurance in a year or two? Although they are very different I reckon my insurance for a car will still go up because of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Yes.

The question is whether you have had any claims on 'motor' insurance.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Nasty.

Cost of crash will probably compound to about 10k over the next few years. Get your full license ASAP if you dont have one. That might help a small bit.

Advertisement