Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Around The horn 2013 - Discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Just to say, I will post my response tomorrow lunchtime - have had limited time on internet since last night and will be out with work tonight.

I have an idea as to who I'm going for, so fingers crossed DD doesn't have the same idea.

looking forward to reading it, might have to shoot DD a PM to make sure he knows he is up vs you atm. Will add a poll to my match vs Omackeral later and make my last retort but im off to work first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

looking forward to reading it, might have to shoot DD a PM to make sure he knows he is up vs you atm. Will add a poll to my match vs Omackeral later and make my last retort but im off to work first

Im hoping hes not, would love ago at this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

BH v Omackarel best match yet for me. I'm basing my vote on the argument and counter argument as both choices are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've posted my reply up BH. Your choice was top notch. I debated doing The Monday Night Wars as my topic (Vince vs Bischoff) but that wouldn't have been strictly a WWE feud. Well played, looking forward to the result :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

BH vs Omackrel is very good so far, BH came out fighting I thought Omackrel was on the ropes but his latest post had him coming out swinging

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've posted my reply up BH. Your choice was top notch. I debated doing The Monday Night Wars as my topic (Vince vs Bischoff) but that wouldn't have been strictly a WWE feud. Well played, looking forward to the result :)

Should you and HBK/Bret go through, you deserve it, as Will Ferrell would say

my final retort is up, I know youve got one more but im looking forward now to the voting and cant help but think Rivalries like the two we have been debating could make a good thread a la the tag team one Shagnasti di and the Stables one you are currently running.

grrr so hard not to reply to your last post especially your answer me this mr bounty hunter part... but ive had all my retorts. Now to let the voters decide

Agreed. A rivalries tournament would be sweet.

Jesus man, that Knockout match took a lot out of me! It's hard to debate against Austin vs Vinnie Mac! I prob would have chosen that had I replied first ;)

That Mr BH bit was a bit heelish, but my back was to the wall Bossman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There was only ever going to be two real man to man rivalries to debate for this one.

Both debated flawlessly so I went with the one I thought was No.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shame Omackeral and Bounty Hunter both can't advance, epic debate

• Advertisement

Agreed. A rivalries tournament would be sweet.

Jesus man, that Knockout match took a lot out of me! It's hard to debate against Austin vs Vinnie Mac! I prob would have chosen that had I replied first ;)

That Mr BH bit was a bit heelish, but my back was to the wall Bossman!

He admits it my feud is better, now quick everyone vote that way :D:pac:
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shame Omackeral and Bounty Hunter both can't advance, epic debate

A lot of credit here has to go to Campo, quality question.

Remember folks question suggestions are always welcome via pm

Just voted and its oh so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great question Campo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Great question Campo

Cheers liz I had a few in mind but I taught this one had best options

I think BH and omackrel went with best 2

Maybe only HHH vs Foley could have snook in

Rock v Austin too.

Hogan Savage perhaps.

Still think they both picked the best feuds and both gave a great account of themselves. Best match thus far.

Was tough picking a winner but I did in the end.

Win or loss, ive enjoyed Around the Horn. Thanks for letting me take part!

And that, boys and girls, is how you do a rebuttal. I thought beakerjoe was crushed, was convinced I'd be going with the Dolph push, but man it was a good response.

This one is still in the air for me. Well played so far boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tough question since a lot of the lower card guys are ones that would need a drastic change to be successful. Good choices and arguments but I'll have to choose one.

Of course, the right answer is Hornswoggle. :pac:

Great match up personally I would have went with................

Santino - I would have given him a cesar gimmick ( this would work as he his gimmick is already of an Italian ), had The Great Khali as his monster giant that does his bidding, maybe jo jo as his cleopatra and finally repackage Mason Ryan as his gladiator....bang bang ;)

• Advertisement

This years info:

Thebostoncrab
    Garsey
    QF1:crabby fella vs Nasty Shagger
    Shagnasti
    Gerrybbadd
    SF1:WQF1 vs WQF2
    JP Liz V1
    Teamshadowclan
    GF1:man from the clan vs b.ie Mr TNA
    KanKan14
    Machismo fan
    Final:
    Omackeral
    Bounty Hunter
    QF3:Return of the Omackeral vs W6
    Danger_DaveBeaker Joe
    Legend_DIT
    SF2:WQF3 vs WQF4
    Campo
    Hashtagheel

QF4:W7 vs W8
    D.Q
    CastorTroy

Don't know why but I cant get Mark Morrison out of my head now ;)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Don't know why but I cant get Mark Morrison out of my head now ;)

Just realised I have hashtag , that be a tough one as always a fan of his during draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Wow, that was tough - I've done all I can now - hopefully I've convinced enough people with my rationale!

beakerjoe, over to you to have the last word - based on the quality of your last response, I'm looking forward to reading it!

I echo your sentiments, win or lose it was good craic to have a debate about wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

lads im not sure how much ill be around the computer over the next day or so, if someone could pm me when im up, itd be massively appreciated.

D.Q wrote: »
    lads im not sure how much ill be around the computer over the next day or so, if someone could pm me when im up, itd be massively appreciated.

will do and dont worry you dont need a big essay or to submit it super fast

Finished my last post at 4.50 am last night, well played Legend. You made me work and was a pleasure debating with you. Kudos Sir

• Advertisement

will do and dont worry you dont need a big essay or to submit it super fast

Do I get a bye if he doesn't post within 5 minutes? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

campo wrote: »
    Just realised I have hashtag , that be a tough one as always a fan of his during draft

Can't wait to do battle. I'm sure it'll be awesome as always!

Great question and a tough one but my answer is up

Stuck between two people at the moment for this answer. I've my work cut out for me so far!

There were 3 people I was expecting to potentially be picked so perhaps I know the 2 your talking about as yep Aeries was no.3 although tbh as great as he is he was only the 3rd most likely to be selected imo (not saying the 3rd most talented of those available though, he's a great choice).

looking forward to seing who you choose HH

• Advertisement

Just like mine and Legends question, plenty of choice and variety to choose from here in the Campo V Hashtag match,

Yep Sting is the guy I was expecting someone to pick. Devitt then rounded out my three expected names

should be a good Debate Sting vs Aeries

Yep Sting is the guy I was expecting someone to pick. Devitt then rounded out my three expected names

should be a good Debate Sting vs Aeries

I really wanted to go for Devitt but I really couldn't think of what the fed would do with him. Given their track record on smaller guys I knew I couldn't write him into the title scene full well knowing it could never ever happen. Just trying to think of the most realistic outcome for either of them coming in.
    Really looking forward to where we'll go from here

I thought I be facing the Stinger and if I am honest I am actually glad in a way as I don't know much about Devitt so would have found it hard to argue against him.

Anyway my reply is up and the best of luck Captain Obvious sorry I mean Hashtag :D

campo wrote: »
    I thought I be facing the Stinger and if I am honest I am actually glad in a way as I don't know much about Devitt so would have found it hard to argue against him.

Anyway my reply is up and the best of luck Captain Obvious sorry I mean Hashtag :D

Glad to be of assistance. Classic case of Dreams VS Reality in this match up. Devitt and And Aries were too similar for me (in terms of my rebuttal)

Glad to be of assistance. Classic case of Dreams VS Reality in this match up. Devitt and And Aries were too similar for me (in terms of my rebuttal)

Rebuttal up no matter the result it was good to lock horns

Mine is up now too. Great sparring with you. I'd a blast. Win it lose I can't wait to discuss it further after the polls close. Don't want to influence anybody even more.

Two good answers, but two even greater arguments. Great counters by both guys, its a tough one to choose.

Another classic debate from campo and Hashtag_Heel. My god, the standard of this competition is really superb. Geeks Unite!!!

just to clarify, can we have seen the match before, but not at WM?

• Advertisement

well it was Omackeral's question so perhaps I should let him clarify but id imagine so just it might be harder to argue against a totally fresh match up than one that might have already been seen on 1 or more lesser PPVs

"If you could book one WrestleMania match that we haven't seen, and should have, what would it be and why?"

my reading of it anyway would be that it is a WM match we havent seen before, not just a match we have never seen before

Hmm, trying to think of a match that hasn't happened these days will be hard. I've an idea in mind but just have to figure out how it would work

Quick clarification. Although I'm sure it didn't happen, when you say they have to have been there at the same time as each other, do they also have to have been there at the time of a wrestlemania?

And best of luck D.Q!

Id imagine both guys have to be in the company and available (not injured or suspended) at the same time during a wrestlemania weekend

that's how I see it but may not be correct

Yes. So Austin vs McMahon could be one even though they clashed on a different event, same as HHH vs Foley. Likewise you could turn an existing match we have seen into a triple threat if that suits your argument.

You should only really use guys that were under contract at the time OR free agents too, I guess.

I don't think i have to say this but dont use dead wrestlers against alive guys( although Undertaker ironically is synonymous with WrestleMania!)

There are at least 3 or 4 good ones to pick from.

Answer up. Now to see how it goes

I'm bricking it while waiting on the results of my match up!
    Best of luck Campo!
    Yours,
    Captain Obvious

No that Castor and DQ have both named their matches. Are there any others we could've had?

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair is a massive one IMO
    Bret Hart vs Undertaker
    HBK vs The Rock
    Hogan vs Austin is another? Any more?

Punk and Stone cold was one that I jumped to or maybe my answer from my match.

• Advertisement

No that Castor and DQ have both named their matches. Are there any others we could've had?

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair is a massive one IMO
    Bret Hart vs Undertaker
    HBK vs The Rock
    Hogan vs Austin is another? Any more?

I was toying with Edge and Christian. Was too young for Hogan and Flair and even Bret.

Hogan V Austin could only have happened when they were both on the books so basically would have had to have been instead of the Rock Hogan match, and i simply couldnt argue against that match.

Advertisement