Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon TV ADDON for XBMC

• 06-11-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

anyway this can be done i know theres a irishtv add on with just rte player and aertv.ie

id love one for horizon tv though since it has alot of the english channels:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

No, this can't currently be implemented through XBMC because of the Widevine DRM plugin.

More info:
    https://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/issues/detail?id=369
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141915

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

While being able to integrate the Online horizon streaming would be great for us, I can see UPC doing their best to block it especially when they add more channels and Sky Sports to it to compete with SkyGo. That is of course if they noticed a significant enough reduction in mirror subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Horizon website uses silverlight now, so should this now be possible?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bur wrote: »
    Horizon website uses silverlight now, so should this now be possible?

Which is the same thing Netflix has, but the "Add-ons" aren't really that good. The best way to implement Netflix I saw was through a Play-on solution. Other than that, was by launching the app for Windows Media Centre.

It is possible to use XBMC to call up a browser and access it through that. But usability can be an issue.

Advertisement