Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting broadband points from hub

Options
  • 06-11-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all

I have installed broadband/TV points in each room of my house. Each of these points is connected to a central hub in attic using cat 5 cable. I have recently connected to Vodafone who have installed a main box. This main box is the only point where we can get a broadband connection.

When I called Vodafone they told me that my electrician must patch the other connections from the hub to main box and the rest of the points to other rooms will work.

When I talked to my electrician- he tells me that he normally would not do this as he dosen't know how!

Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to get done and who do I get to do it- As you can see I haven't much of a clue myself!

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement