Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Tubridy Ban Xzanti Mod

Options
  • 06-11-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi , I was banned permanently from the Celebrity forum for copying/pasting in the Tubridy thread. I did copy/paste in the thread and had received a warning about it but in this case i did post a piece from an article about Tubridy but the post was in itself an opinion piece about the article, that's why i think the ban is unfair. I thought the warning was just about copying/pasting, i didn't realise that i wasn't allowed to post any articles. The newspaper piece was about Tubridy's relationship with Aoibhinn ni Shuilleabhain and his public declaration of love for her in his new book.

This is the offending piece:

Words of love for Aoibhinn -Irish Independent 2/11/13

Among the many people Ryan Tubridy thanks in the Acknowledgements at the end of his new book is his girlfriend. In a very open tribute and declaration of love to his fellow RTE presenter he writes: "Aoibhinn, the lady whose elegance is unsurpassed and whose support is inestimable. Mo Ghrá. Thank you."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Hello Ghiertal,

I need to ask if you have tried discussing the ban with the Mod in question before you opened this thread?

Hi RopeDrink, yes I pmed Xzanti but he hasn't replied to me yet. If the ban stands in the Celebrity forum I wonder if it would be ok to move that thread back to the TV forum because that's where it was originally before a certain poster named "Brendan Flowers" complained that he was sick of reading about Tubridy in the TV forum. He has a total of 9 posts in the TV arena and hasn't posted there in months so I can't imagine that it would bother him too much if it was moved back. Richard Dower was another one but he has been banned since the move. How would I go about this because I think that it might be difficult to overturn this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    In that case, I'll be blunt.

I've been watching your progress since you were banned from Radio (for the exact same thing you were just banned for in Celeb & Showbiz). You claim you were unfairly banned due to the copy/pasting side of things, which you admit to doing (And of which has been a major annoyance across multiple Forums) and to which I admit isn't the major problem here - But this goes beyond that - You were banned for a summation of things but most importantly your inability to read or adhere to any Mod Warnings.

Considering you were banned twice from Radio for the same things shows you're unwilling to alter your ways.
    Furthermore, you are nearing 350 posts - 99% of which have been used simply to post snide and/or completely negative views on Ryan Tubridy constantly on any media related Forum you can access - It's gotten extremely tiresome for both the users (an example you even provided yourself, regardless of their post-count), to the Moderators who have to keep warning & banning you for the same issues, namely your lack of own contribution by copy/pasting articles and using them as leverage to expel your bile at RT.

With the above in mind, it's safe to say your thread(s) will not be moved to Television and I strongly advise you don't try a repeat of your style there considering they were moved from TV in the first place and for good reason.

People have been very patient with you but I firmly believe you've depleted your chances. You've not contributed anything other than negativity (or material that isn't even your own) all in the name of tarring one particular celebrity in any way you can in multiple Arts Category Forums, completely ignoring Mod Warnings in the process and being totally unphased by bans, the last two of which were minor and now it has rightly led to a permanent.

Ban upheld - You may request an Admin to review this if you so wish.

Hi RopeDrink, yes I would like an Admin review. It was an opinion piece using the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From what I've seen here, you haven't actually brought anything to the table disputing RopeDrink's assesment of the situation. Indeed, on review, it's not a very pretty picture of your behaviour overall.

Ban upheld. I'd suggest you rethink your obsession.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement