Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joint Honours BA

• 06-11-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

I am currently in second year and have realised my hate for one of my subjects (Irish).
    I foolishly decided that a joint honours would be best but realistically I'd prefer to minor in Irish and Major in Geography, my other subject.

I'm unsure of whether it'll be possible to change the structure of my course next year as it's obviously too late now considering I've missed loads of assignments etc.

Any advice/information would be great, struggling to find anything on restructuring degrees.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Hey :) I'm in final year, and I was doing a Major degree (40 English, 20 Psychology) but my timetable clashes were so extensive for final year that I changed to 50 English and 10 Psychology. It was no problem! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Hey :) I'm in final year, and I was doing a Major degree (40 English, 20 Psychology) but my timetable clashes were so extensive for final year that I changed to 50 English and 10 Psychology. It was no problem! :)

Oh brilliant, I thought it would be alot of hassle considering I'll have been doing 50/50 for the whole year. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Luno wrote: »
    Oh brilliant, I thought it would be alot of hassle considering I'll have been doing 50/50 for the whole year. Thanks :)

No problem! Just make sure you get onto the Arts faculty relatively early in the summer as they have to contact the registration office and they can be really busy in August and September! Pro tip :p

Advertisement