Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance/Economics Thesis

Options
  • 06-11-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently researching for my thesis which is titled "The time-changing risk of security market returns". I was wondering does anyone know what are the most reputable finance journals available online? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently researching for my thesis which is titled "The time-changing risk of security market returns". I was wondering does anyone know what are the most reputable finance journals available online? Thanks

Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, and Journal of Financial Economics are the top three. Economics journals also cover a lot of finance. American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, and Journal of Political Economy are among the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

OttoPilot wrote: »

I would focus more on finding relevant articles in peer reviewed journals rather than focusing only on the top rated journals. You will be able to look at the quality of the journal afterwards but again I would be more interested in the quality of the article itself. Perhaps you could use library databases such as econlit etc. to find relevant articles and then examine ones with high numbers of citations if you are only looking for articles with high impact factor.

Advertisement