Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seeds/cuttings/plant swaps

• 06-11-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Wondering if we should start up a plant/seed swap thread garden centres can charge a bomb for plants.

Just wondering if anyone has got any spare cuttings and cottage garden slips/seeds ie delphinians, poppies, candy tuft, geraniums, snapdragons, aquelegia, hollyhock, stock, sweet william etc I love gardening but the garden centres are so expensive I can swap cuttings of fushia, cotoneaster, pyracantha lavender, mock orange snow in summer, berberis and pink wild geranium.

In Dublin area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ihatehalloween

Sounds great miss hoc....I am only honing my cuttings skills lol .....but I would have a lot of veg and flower seedlings come spring....I would be very in the rested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

I'd be willing to this as I have a few cuttings and assorted plants that could go.

When I'm on the home computer I'll see what I have to give.

Miss choc, I know I definitly have Poppy seeds, but the variety escapes my mind at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I always have cuttings and seeds collected for swaps, but am in Cork.

I've lupins, herbaceous geranium and rosemary in little pots at the moment, but only done recently, wouldn't have great root systems on them yet.

Do you ever go to the local garden clubs? They can be great for swaps. I go to one in Cork city about once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I recently started a thread requesting the same thing. I asked for it to be stickied by the mods but they didnt. stupid mods :P. I think its a great idea and I have a lot of cuttings and seeds willing to swap with folks. in the D15 area.

Advertisement