Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Canada

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently working in Vancouver and plan to stay for a year (here 5 months now). I have the 2 year visa but I was just wondering, if I wanted to come back to Canada later in life, how difficult is it? I don't think I want to stay right now to get permanent residency, but I'd like to have the option to return eventually when I'm older. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

You could probably apply for residency through work or something if you have a full time proper job? How you getting on are u working and what's the job situation like in van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

madma wrote: »
    You could probably apply for residency through work or something if you have a full time proper job? How you getting on are u working and what's the job situation like in van?

See the thing is that I don't really wanna stay for more than a year right now, thinking of going back to Ireland, (or UK) by May perhaps.

I'm going well with work now I quite like it and I'm learning a good bit. Only thing is that the wages are fairly low in comparison to back home for IT. Took me 6 weeks to get a job after having 2 previous interviews. Was a bit more difficult though because I haven't got a computer at the minute so I have no portfolio which is what they look for a lot here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    See the thing is that I don't really wanna stay for more than a year right now, thinking of going back to Ireland, (or UK) by May perhaps.

I'm going well with work now I quite like it and I'm learning a good bit. Only thing is that the wages are fairly low in comparison to back home for IT. Took me 6 weeks to get a job after having 2 previous interviews. Was a bit more difficult though because I haven't got a computer at the minute so I have no portfolio which is what they look for a lot here!

Someone on here should be able to answer you with that. I don't think you can apply again to get over on the same visa but I'm sure there's ways around going back.

Advertisement