Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for girlfriend

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

My girlfriend had our baby born last year.. I wasnt working at the time to get her a present.. i am back working now and i would like to get her a present.. would like a few suggestions if possible thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww you sound like a sweetie !!
    Spa day, had one recently and my daughter is 15 months. Felt like a new woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Jewellery or a nice watch? iPad mini or e-reader? Or a nice hotel break with beauty treatments/shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Look at etsy. There are so many really nice pieces of jewellery you can get that is personalized with maybe her initial and yours and baby or baby name, date of birth, birth stone etc. And the prices tend to be very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

+1 on the spa day. The nicest gift a mammy can get is time IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

A night or two in a hotel especially if your baby is older. I think she'll appreciate the gift of uninterrupted sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Not sure on your budget op. personally I wouldn't be pushed on a spa day and the hotel would depend who I was with and who was minding the little one. My husband bought me an iPad before the baby arrived and it was/is a godsend. Its so much handier than the laptop as you don't need to boot it up and it's light to carry around. I keep headphones on it and use it alot to quietly watch something if baby is asleep beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

A bracelet. I got one with my little ones name engraved on the other side and the date he was born. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Or a Pandora bracelet with a baby charm. Would get you out if sticky situations in the future if you're stuck for presents-can just buy another charm! At least I'm sure that's what my husband would say after buying mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Thanks for the replys people.... Yea was thinking of a hotel and spa treatment, I already got her a pandora bracelet.... I think the iPad would be ideal for her because she's never off the iphone haha... What ever makes her happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Thanks for the replys people.... Yea was thinking of a hotel and spa treatment, I already got her a pandora bracelet.... I think the iPad would be ideal for her because she's never off the iphone haha... What ever makes her happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I know if it were my husband asking this question (well, I can dream!) I'd say a want a night away by myself at a hotel that has a spa and room service. I could get a massage and then have a long bath and pig out in the room while watching crap tv.

It would be heaven!!

He did buy me a baby charm for my charm bracelet (not a Pandora one) - it's a little blue baby vest. That was a nice little gift :)

Advertisement