Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this enough for a novice?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I've decided to try home brewing again after a long absence from it. If I buy this kit does it contain enough of the basic tools to use afterwards or is it like a €4.99 BBQ that you use once then toss away?

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/coopers-diy-beer-kit-new-with-vwp-sterilizer-red-brewbelt-965-p.asp

I understand it still needs sugar/malt extract but would it be a good bet for a novice to re-use afterwards?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ah yeah. That's the top-of-the-range luxury model -- you can get decent starter sets for much less. You definitely don't need the brew belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Thanks for that BeerNut, yeah I know it's dearer than others but Coopers seems to be getting good reviews here and I need it to be palatable so I'll pursue it!

Cheers also re the brew belt, I wasn't sure about that and they've the same kit minus the belt for 20 or 30 euro less.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

BeerNut wrote: »
    Ah yeah. That's the top-of-the-range luxury model -- you can get decent starter sets for much less. You definitely don't need the brew belt.

Beenut is correct , look at the brewferm options , can work out much cheaper canadian coopers is not great, aussie pale ale much better

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

i only started a while ago and beernut has helped me hugely, i was recommended to start with a darker beer as it will hide any mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Thanks for the above. Yesterday I ordered the above kit minus the brew belt. went for red ale with it. Time will tell...

• Advertisement
Advertisement