Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone less bars.... everywhere ! fact

Options
  • 07-11-2013 1:09am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6

How many hostages of Vodafone are there out there this service is rediculous never have I had a service soo poor that I've nearly turned to using payphones. Their customer I don't care team keep fobbing me off with try changing this setting etc. etc. My phone has run out of options and I'm out of patience. Surely there are legal standards required by phone service operators if at least not something about false advertising. More bars in more places me ****. Check Vodafone's face book page wish I had before signing up with this circus act.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just because you yourself have poor service does not mean its poor for everyone. Also using the word fact does not make your thread title true and factual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As far as signal strength goes, they are the only ones to give enough signal to actually use a mobile phone in this area - believe me we tried them all. I only had to contact customer service once - my own error - and they were very polite and efficient.
    Different strokes......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 jmn not at vodafone

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just because you yourself have poor service does not mean its poor for everyone. Also using the word fact does not make your thread title true and factual.

I have a different phone with another service provider and so far everytime I've looked and everytime I've had no Vodafone service the other phone is working fine. Good signal good call quality. I've yet to get through a days work when Vodafone have not let me down and I work on the road so not just one place. It's getting to the point where Vodafone have only short of asking me to plug into a landline.......

As far as signal strength goes, they are the only ones to give enough signal to actually use a mobile phone in this area - believe me we tried them all. I only had to contact customer service once - my own error - and they were very polite and efficient.
    Different strokes......
    Maybe they were helpfull and polite because it wasn't an error or problem on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have a different phone with another service provider and so far everytime I've looked and everytime I've had no Vodafone service the other phone is working fine. .

Maybe because different service providers have different masts and different levels of coverage in most areas. :rolleyes: An example would be that in my wife's parents house, I have no coverage on Vodafone but she has full coverage on Meteor (her parents live in Marino). But, in our home, I have full coverage on Vodafone and she only has half coverage.

I travel a fair bit too, and find that I have better coverage with Vodafone.

Swings and roundabouts.

Also, most operators are currently going through change and consolidation, as part of their 4G rollout. So, levels of coverage will be somewhat effected while this is ongoing.

Of course, if you don't like their service ... why not just move to a different provider?? :eek:

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Maybe because different service providers have different masts and different levels of coverage in most areas. :rolleyes: An example would be that in my wife's parents house, I have no coverage on Vodafone but she has full coverage on Meteor (her parents live in Marino). But, in our home, I have full coverage on Vodafone and she only has half coverage.

I travel a fair bit too, and find that I have better coverage with Vodafone.

Swings and roundabouts.

Also, most operators are currently going through change and consolidation, as part of their 4G rollout. So, levels of coverage will be somewhat effected while this is ongoing.

Of course, if you don't like their service ... why not just move to a different provider?? :eek:
    Thanks for the input paulw but we are in a eighteen month contract and so far the signal has been steadily declining we started with average four bars now struggle to get two or one. Vodafone not being helpfull anymore had one rep who was extremely short and rude. If they are upgrading and these issues are due to that then they are at fault and so should look after this issue or customers as it's their fault / problem.
    they are shrugging off poor service and I'm paying good money for it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Thanks for the input paulw but we are in a eighteen month contract and so far the signal has been steadily declining we started with average four bars now struggle to get two or one. Vodafone not being helpfull anymore had one rep who was extremely short and rude. If they are upgrading and these issues are due to that then they are at fault and so should look after this issue or customers as it's their fault / problem.
    they are shrugging off poor service and I'm paying good money for it.......

Try turning off 3G in your settings.
    You can be in an area with full 2G but only 1 bar on 3G.

Try turning off 3G in your settings.
    You can be in an area with full 2G but only 1 bar on 3G.

Hi Keith done that and no avail. Sometimes get a signal enough to make a call in low areas but then other times still very poor signal. in general just lower service than most and I've been trying to resolve thus with Vodafone for nearly 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi Keith done that and no avail. Sometimes get a signal enough to make a call in low areas but then other times still very poor signal. in general just lower service than most and I've been trying to resolve thus with Vodafone for nearly 10 months.

Wow, thats strange .. Vodafone have 2G coverage pretty much all over Ireland.. even since it was Eircell.

Are you 100% sure you have CDMA turned off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If you are using a smartphone you could download an app called opensignal.

It will tell you what mast etc. you are connected to.

Also have you tried the Vodafone forum on here as well as customer care?

It really is swings and roundabouts. I have great coverage at work on 3 but when I get home half the time it switches to Vodafone.

Have to say though as keithclancy said when it does switch over to Vodafone I never experienced any problem with calls or texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Have you considered that the actual phone could be at fault here? Have you tried a different unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

Have to say I also find Vodafone the best overall coverage. I have folks living in the depths of Kerry and I still have good coverage there (phone not internet). Never had such good coverage with o2 - granted it was fine in more urban areas.

Where in the country are you? Urban/rural?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stick to addressing the issue at hand. No more anecdotal-type posts please.

OP - Have you tried a different handset? If you're still not getting anywhere, then it might be time to write a formal letter of complaint to Vodafone, indicating that you will be starting to engage with Comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

I agree about engaging with Comreg. My husband had to do this recently on a broadband issue and was very happy with how it was dealt with.

Guys thanks for your input. it has been very frustrating for the last ten months. we have tried different handsets as i unfortunately moved 3 numbers to vodafone at once ( now seems an extremely bad idea ) so its not handsets although i can easily see different signal strengths from different handsets. i think my next step is comreg.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Guys thanks for your input. it has been very frustrating for the last ten months. we have tried different handsets as i unfortunately moved 3 numbers to vodafone at once ( now seems an extremely bad idea ) so its not handsets although i can easily see different signal strengths from different handsets. i think my next step is comreg.
    thanks

There is no standards for the signal strength on phones. So if one phone is showing one bar and another full it doesn't mean that the full phone has better coverage.

Get in contact with coming, 10 months is too long to be getting bad service.

Advertisement