If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon HDMI-CEC and remote control

Options
  • 07-11-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought you few months ago an AVR-2313 and MA RX6 and I am happy and enjoy the good sound.

Now I'd like to control my player through HDMI-CEC with the RC-1167 Denon remote control.
    So far it's not working.
    Do you have any experience with that?
    Did you set-up something (more than switch ON the HDMI control in the menu)?
    What buttons are working?

Moreover I am looking for RC-1167 user's manual. I didn't find it.
    Is this RC programmable for other devices?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Trompette wrote: »
    Hi there,

I bought you few months ago an AVR-2313 and MA RX6 and I am happy and enjoy the good sound.

Now I'd like to control my player through HDMI-CEC with the RC-1167 Denon remote control.
    So far it's not working.

Many thanks.
    Trompette,

unfortunately there is no separate manual for the RC-1167 and that remote control is not programmable for other devices.

To enable HDMI CEC go to SETUP > Video > HDMI Setup > HDMI Control

You can check the instructions in your 2313 manual from page 91 onwards.

All connected devices will have to be compatible and enabled in their individual menu systems and frequently some older devices are not.

If you are still experiencing issues, just drop us a line and we will give you a contact in Denon who will chat you through the steps,

Thanks and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Hi there,

So far it's not working.

Many thanks.
    Trompette,

unfortunately there is no separate manual for the RC-1167 and that remote control is not programmable for other devices.

All connected devices will have to be compatible and enabled in their individual menu systems and frequently some older devices are not.

If you are still experiencing issues, just drop us a line and we will give you a contact in Denon who will chat you through the steps,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Many thanks John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

So far it's not working.

Many thanks.
    Trompette,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Many thanks John
    Hey Trompette.

Just a little post to check if you managed to get to the bottom of the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Not yet but with the Raspberry Pi, HDMI-CEC is just on development and not fully tested.

The only info I'd need is what remote push buttons are working as in some remote I know not all can transmit the order to the CEC linked device.
    So, if you could test with CEC-TV, AVR, player config, and try the RC-1167 to command the player, let me know what are the working buttons.
    Or somebody else could try that and let me know.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Trompette.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately we don't have that remote control here, so my suggestion would be to contact Denon and ask them for the info as they have a very good tech support crew based in Belfast. Their number is 0044 2890 279830

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.