Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period

Options
  • 07-11-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

hi,

i've signed up for a 10 euro 12 month contract with tescomobile but now no longer wish to in light of the very poor data service reported by multiple user on the 'talk to tescomobile' page.

can i get out of the contract, it's only a week old or so and i haven't ported my number over to tesco yet.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

At €10 pm I'm not surprised it's poor. What exactly do you get for that. I think the cooling off period is 7 days so you will need to know when you signed up. Would you not ring them and ask are you too late to cancel. The clock is ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

emeldc wrote: »
    At €10 pm I'm not surprised it's poor. What exactly do you get for that. I think the cooling off period is 7 days so you will need to know when you signed up. Would you not ring them and ask are you too late to cancel. The clock is ticking.
    i did ring them, on hold for 25mins, no answer.

tescomobile are on the o2 network, so the price of the monthly contract has nothing to do with slow/no data services.

for 10 euro p.m. you get 300mins/300text/1gb data.

who_ru wrote: »
    i did ring them, on hold for 25mins, no answer.

tescomobile are on the o2 network, so the price of the monthly contract has nothing to do with slow/no data services.

for 10 euro p.m. you get 300mins/300text/1gb data.

In fairness, that sounds like quite a good deal although if you intend to use the net alot 1gb wont last too long. Do you know if the o2 data service is reported to be poor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

emeldc wrote: »
    In fairness, that sounds like quite a good deal although if you intend to use the net alot 1gb wont last too long. Do you know if the o2 data service is reported to be poor as well.
    it would be a very good deal if the data service was reliable but it isn't, i don't know about issues with the o2 service.

my current provider, although dearer is very reliable and i've experienced almost no downtime with them.

the 10 euro p.m. is very attractive but unfortunately the reliability isn't there but i'm glad to see tescomobile offering very competitive deals which is needed in the market.

I suppose check the cooling off period so but as I said I think most of them are 7 days. I remember signing up with Vodafone some years back and the rep told me I had a 7 day cooling off period from today but then in the next breath told that they couldn't supply the service I was signing up to for 10 days :confused: I kid you not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement