Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custody rights as an adult brother

• 07-11-2013 12:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi,
    I'll not go into the entire back story but im involved with a very confusing family situation. My parents are not yet legally seperated or divorced but have lived apart for a year or so now. My mam has serious mental health issues which were only in the midst of being treated when all this began and since got swept under the rug. As such she now lives in the family home and refuses me and my dad regular contact/access. There have been a string of attacks from her and her boyfriend on my and other family members and people related to us, along with attacks on property. Since this all began I have been denied access to my younger brother & sister, whom previously I would of seen 3-4 times a week. My little brother still come out some times but my sister has been black mailed into not leaving the house.

I know thats not all the info but it think its enough for my question.
    I've heard grandparents can sometimes apply through the courts for some type of custody or access rights. Im not having much luck finding what exactly it is I need to request upon going into the courts, or which court to go to. Does anyone know anymore on this? Even if it doesnt directly relate please share any info as it may help, Im desperate and theres been so many attacks and abuses I'll use any help I can! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I'm sure there is a more appropriate organisation to approach but you might start with www.FLAC.ie.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I am sorry, Off The Record, but we cannot give out legal advice in this forum or on this site. There is very little that can be said other than that you should seek professional legal advice by consulting a solicitor or one of the organisations, as mentioned in the above post.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement