Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost/Stolen Bike Auction

• 07-11-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Wilson Auctions has a lost/stolen bike, jewellery and motorcycle helmet auction today.
    DUBLIN AUCTION COMPLEX, Kingswood Cross,
    Exit 2 Naas Road, Dublin 22
    To Bid at the auction you need to place a bidders deposit of € 100. This is refundable if no purchase is made. You also must purchase a catalogue containing all the Terms and Conditions of the auction

AUCTION TIME November 7 2013 5:30 pm
    VIEWING STARTS November 7 2013 9:00 am
    VIEWING ENDS November 7 2013 6:00 pm

Here's the link:
    http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/liquidation-disposals-search-results/555

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I wonder how much the catalogue is
    Rang them and it's €4 for the catalogue. I'd say they make back a few quid on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just wondering from anyone with experience with this - is it worth getting all set up for this - do the bikes sell reasonably priced?

Was asked to look out for a good standard kids boys 24" bike for under a hundred.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

was actually going to go to this to pick up a bike for my OH, but she picked one up from adverts..

there was only one of interest, it was what looks like a flet Q620, but it was listed as a feit 0220.

I wonder how much it will go for! anything under 300 if its good condition would be a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

There is live bid option if you want http://wilsonslivebid.amstock.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

TERMS OF SALE

100 Euro Bidding Deposit. Refundable if no purchase made

Eh :eek: 100 bidding deposit for 2nd hand bikes?

• Advertisement

jjbrien wrote: »
    Eh :eek: 100 bidding deposit for 2nd hand bikes?

Refundable though It seems.... except for another 4 euros for the catalog...

So anyone know what previous they have sold for? Bargain basement, meh or nearly shop prices??

Just wondering if its worth getting all set up to bid online for?

ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Can you just go down for a look for free. Looks like an interesting evening , even if you have no intention to buy.

Oh - and is there Auction Fees and then VAT added to the final bidding price like some auctions - or is the price you bid what you pay like eg. ebay.
    thanks...

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

This will be very hit and miss. I got really good bike for €60(it was including vat and auction fees) and my brother had the better version of the bike and it was €300 new.

I guess that the fact that all the boardsie Bargain hunters will be there, makes the whole thing a bit pointless now!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Last time I was a Garda Auction the items went for mega money.
    Lot of people there looking for bargains and some get carried away when it comes to bidding.

I can't remember if there was VAT on the final total.

You have to pay €4 (by buying a catalogue) so it will cost you €4 whether you buy anything or not.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

182 lots :eek: could last a while!

Went there for a look.

Was mostly junk. Maybe one or two possible good bike.

People where paying over the odds.

Same bike as mine went for 190. And was in fairly bad shape.

I bought mine for 150 on Adverts and was in perfect condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Selling used Motorcycle helmets? That's just plain old dangerous.

Selling used Motorcycle helmets? That's just plain old dangerous.

I think they where new.

They all came out of boxes with protective film on the visors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

brokenarms wrote: »
    Went there for a look.

Was mostly junk. Maybe one or two possible good bike.

People where paying over the odds.

Auctions attended by people who aren't experienced are generally expensive. If you think about it, if I asked everyone here to value "my bike" or whatever, some people would undervalue it, most would get it about right, some would overvalue it. Guess who wins the auction!

KAGY wrote: »
    Auctions attended by people who aren't experienced are generally expensive. If you think about it, if I asked everyone here to value "my bike" or whatever, some people would undervalue it, most would get it about right, some would overvalue it. Guess who wins the auction!

Yeah , that sounds spot on.

I know for a fact, the decent recovery bicycles gets snapped up by the Garda. . They still buy them. But get first offer.

I mean some of these bike where selling for 50 euro. You would have sworn they spent the last year in the river Liffy. Complete junk.

I leaned today that the auction is not a place to find bargains. Adverts.ie beat it hands down.

Plus it did cross my mind. Your riding down the street on your (not so) auction bike. And the previous owner sees it.. Awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I know for a fact, the decent recovery bicycles gets snapped up by the Garda. . They still buy them. But get first offer.

I mean some of these bike where selling for 50 euro. You would have sworn they spent the last year in the river Liffy. Complete junk.

I leaned today that the auction is not a place to find bargains. Adverts.ie beat it hands down.

Plus it did cross my mind. Your riding down the street on your (not so) auction bike. And the previous owner sees it.. Awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They had 90 days to claim it. They cant except the gardas to keep it for years, when they eventually bother to collect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I'd expect a denial.....from a Garda spokesman.......ok I'll get me coat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The receipt from the Garda auction would prove you hadn't stolen it. Not a bit awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Was there any canoes there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Was there any canoes there?

Planning on following everyone else to Oz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

hfallada wrote: »
    They had 90 days to claim it. They cant except the gardas to keep it for years, when they eventually bother to collect it

A year and a day

Advertisement